Penton Belt buckle

Started by Rain Man, October 05, 2008, 08:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

I've been racing the New England dirt track series this summer and this fella who's daughter races noticed my Penton memorabilia. He said he had a bunch of Pentons back in the day and had a Penton belt buckle.
 I've never heard of a Penton belt buckle before..
 Do they really exist ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

firstturn

They do.  I will see if I can find mine and send you a picture.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

LeeBuff

Rain Man,
  I have a Penton belt buckle from back in the day. I think they were sold by a different vendor not Highpoint. It has a metal base to the buckle with leather over top with PENTON stamped in. I hope this info helps. Lee Buffenmyer:)

Bamamarc

I have a buckle from the late 70's. It has a 74/75 250 or 400 crossed up with a rider on top. No name on the bike but you can tell what kind of bike it is. It has a big barrel pipe, vanes on the bottom of the engine cases, and a big cylinder. Not sure how to post a picture. Will try get one put up.
Marc From Alabama
PS I have not got up with Buddy Welch. I know he is still racing. For Ron C.

firstturn

Thanks.  Buddy Welch was a great Racer and while working for Honda in the Southeastern United States I felt he was one of the people to beat weekend and week out.  I wouldn't feel right unless I mentioned Gerald Smith who worked for Montgomery Honda that helped Buddy so much and I(we..Gerald and I) made sure Buddy had as much help as we could do without raising too many eye brows at Honda.  I remember him breaking two 1978 Honda 250 frames(first of the new generation frames).  Honda Engineering couldn't believe it and said the engine bolts were loose...they weren't so we got new frames...not warranty.  Sorry to get away from Pentons, but if we would have had Pentons in 1978 and I had worked for Penton Buddy would have been on a Penton.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh