Blue oval Penton decals -- before & after ISDT pix

Started by marsattacks, January 29, 2009, 09:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

I would be half/dingy and bloody insane, but I have heard from Dean who is also sending the small one too........
out of the depths, these things come........

All, under the influence, of JP.

Adios, LT

Thomas Brosius

thrownchain

Dean531

sixdazed

If you guys have some sets made up i could use a few sets as well-please post info on where to send the dough when you get things lined up[:p].Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Dwight Rudder

Make sure they are clear coated as they will be taking a lot of wear from your knees. Which was the point of putting them there.
Dwight

firstturn

Listen to Dwight on this one or they really are worth making.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Better Yet, make some perforated so they don't "bubble up" on plastic or Glas.  Thick would be nice too!

chicagojerry

i contacted jeff clark at bad brush to look over this forum to get an idea of what we are looking for. he will contact me with prices. he does quality work and he did the penton 40th and pog 10th decals at a significant savings over an earlier quote. hope this helps...
chi jer

marsattacks

Here is an "after" picture:

Post-6 days of hard riding (center right):

Click here to see Mars attack:
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0208/images/marsattacks.jpg

To watch the best parts of Mars Attacks!, click here (9 mins long):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3llVQh__Q
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

DKWRACER

Perhaps a timeout. As you know, my endeavours are none other than the replication of valuable parts, some may-be decals too. If you feel like I do, these decals do have some historical value. One should be proud to have tank decals, even if they become worn, a battle scar to enhance the value of a Penton, and a kudos to the rider too!
I can make these decals, what you do with them is up to you...I will not take that away, in earnest, it is a part of Penton Pride.

Tom Brosius
Mile High Pentons
Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Hi RC, thanks for sending your original. It is off to my vendor for a price quote to include 3M fuel proof coating and perforations.

Tom Brosius
Mile High Pentons
Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Hello, the first repop has come from my vendor and it looks pretty good. Will offer them in perfed and non-perfed versions, with fuel proof coating. It is recommended to clear coat over if possible.
If applying to a plastic tank, then the perfed ones are a bit better, along with an application of 3M Super 77 Adhesive to the backside.

Pricing = $35.00 non-perfed (2)  $40.00 perfed (2)

Thanks,
Tom Brosius

Thomas Brosius

Kip Kern

Tom,  Could you email a digital photo to [email protected].  I think I would like a set of Perforated for my GS 400 "76" Clarke tank.  Thanks for the hard work!;)

Dwight Rudder

Preforated are not needed on fiberglass tanks and they were not used on the later orange plastic tanks. Just make sure they are thick , fuel resistant and tough enough to take knee rubbing.
Dwight

Quotequote:Originally posted by DKWRACER

Hello, the first repop has come from my vendor and it looks pretty good. Will offer them in perfed and non-perfed versions, with fuel proof coating. It is recommended to clear coat over if possible.
If applying to a plastic tank, then the perfed ones are a bit better, along with an application of 3M Super 77 Adhesive to the backside.

Pricing = $35.00 non-perfed (2)  $40.00 perfed (2)

Thanks,
Tom Brosius

Kip Kern

Tom

$$ is on the way for a pair of perforated!  Thanks a bunch![:p]