POG AMA Meeting

Started by 454MRW, January 30, 2009, 07:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

454MRW

What time is the general consensus for gathering before the Feb 7th meeting at the AMA Museum? I will be playing in my band the night before, and I want to make sure that I allow plenty of time to look around. It's about a 5 hour drive for me, plus the time change, and I want to bring a few choice items for the following days swap meet. I did get someone to fill in for me in the band on Saturday night so I wouldn't miss it, or the swap meet. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

3putt

Hi Mike,  A memo in last issue of Still Keeping Track advises the meeting starts at 10 AM, and doors to Museum open at 9 AM.  Looking forward to seeing you again.    Nelson McCullough

Paul Danik

Mike and all,

The Museum opens at 9am at which time we will begin sign up and coffee.

The annual POG meeting will begin at 10am.  After the POG business meeting we will be given a tour of the Museums exhibts, including the MotoStar and Awesome-Ness exhibts.

After a lunch provided by Buehner Supply, the presentation on the transcontinental record setting run made by John Penton 50 years ago on his BMW will begin.  The presentation will have segments lead by Ed Youngblood, Al Born, Conrad Pfeifer and Jack Penton. The presentation will cover not only the run itself, but will also cover what was going on at that time in the world of motorcycles, as well as in the Amherst area and at the Penton Brothers Motorcycle shop, as well as exploring just what John's record and it's exposure did to guide his future. Hopefully everyone will find this to be a very enjoyable and informative presentation.  If you have read the John Penton book you surely understand just how important this record setting run was and how it helped to guide what direction John's life would take.

POG Vice President and shirtmaster Scott Brogan has been hard at work on this years POG shirt with the theme being John's record setting run. I have seen a proto-model of the shirt and it is awesome, in listening to many requests Scott has also created a sweatshirt version of the shirt.  Scott is also hoping to unveil his latest project at the meeting, a POG jacket.

As always we will be creating a display of Pentons in front of the Museum in the brick circle area.

Here is a link to the Museum's homepage, discount hotel rooms, directions and other information can be found here.

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/index.asp

Paul

PS  Sorry Nelson, I was writing when you made your post...:)

rob w

John Penton is shown here, the day after the finish,
giving editorial highlights to CYCLE publisher, Floyd Clymer.
Clymer was curious as to how Penton's BMW R-69 handled after the grueling run,
so he took a spin and his impressions are given in this issue.

Paul Danik

Rob,

Thanks for the post of the article on John's record setting run.

With the expected warm weather we just may have a couple of Beemers sitting next to the Pentons in the display on Saturday, I guess for this meeting it will be OK :)

I just heard from Young Ted and Connie, they will be making the trip along with Davie.

Paul