1972-'74 125 Penton wanted

Started by clayman, February 04, 2009, 10:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

Are there any 1972 thru 1974 125 Pentons for sale out there? I'd really like to find a 1974 with those big 35mm forks, black hubs & MX tank, just like the one I was dumb enough to sell two years ago, and now want back. Prefer West Coast. Maybe LG can hook me up with one?

Thanks,

Clay

sixdazed

Clay,Give me a call-i maybe can help you out.I'll be home tonite and tomorrow.Sat. i'll be at the Ahrma race in Phoenix.Later,
                                                             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

clayman

Hi Ric,

Great hearing from you!Send me an email if you get a chance. I'd like to find out about what you have left in the stable. Wish I were going to AZ. for the AHRMA National, but it's just a bit too far of a drive and will stay local for our Washington VMX series, instead.

Thanks,

Clay

Dennis Jones

Clay, I can't really help with a Penton but I know your pain on sellers remorse. I just did a 2000 mile round trip to buy a BMW R100 GS/ Paris Dakar like I sold 2 years ago that I knew I made a mistake as soon as I did it.

My wifes only comment was "how much did it cost you to get back to where you were". I havn't had the courage to tell her yet.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

And Dennis was nice enough to bring me a 100/125 Penton from his area.  Thanks.  And He brought back a KRP Flatracker for Mike Winter.  I think it is called a Win Win Win.  Thanks Dennis for being so kind.  Now we need another POG meeting in Texas.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

clayman

Dennis,

I know the feeling. I truly regret selling my '74 125. I sold it, along with a 1974 Rickman 125, for $1500 (for the pair!)....both were very nice racers. I kick myself every time I think about it. I just love those 35mm forks, black hubs, skinny MX tank....I'd better stop thinking about it and get out and find another. Maybe LG can help me find one!

Clay
1974 CZ 400
1971 Penton 125
1969 CZ 360

clayman

Hi Ric,

I tried to call you but just got voice mail, so I left you a message. You may already be at the AHRMA National. I figured there'd be some Northwest guys going down there that may be able to haul something back:)

I do want a 125 but maybe LG can hook me up with something if we can't connect this weekend?

Hope you smoked the competition!

Clay

tooclose racing

Ric -you're probably watching this one on eBay already, but I'll give you the link anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-1974-PENTON-125_W0QQitemZ200306633216QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item200306633216&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Nice looking bike with it's black cases and that Circle F pipe.  Already set up with a Mikuni. Heck -almost looks ready to race!  I think it will go for >$2k, but ya never know.....

How far is Tennessee from you?  ;)

Larry Perkins

It is Clay looking for the bike and I think he is in the Pacific Northwest.  That bike has a 5A motor and might not be Clay's best MX choice, though.  It is a VERY NICE bike and is owned by a Super Guy!

Larry P

clayman

LP,

You are correct, it is me looking for a 125 Penton and not Ric.

Ric has a full stable and is actually thinking about selling off a 125.

I have been watching the one in Tennessee (is this Doug Wade's?). I am in the Northwest, a bit much of a drive for the bike and too much in shipping costs. I didn't notice the "5/A" motor listed in the specifications for that bike and am indeed looking for the "6/B", so good call on that, thanks for catching that detail!

I am sure LG in Medford can hook me up with something, since he's the Penton/DKW/Monark King of the Northwest! Are you still looking at that nice 100cc Penton he has for sale? It's a beauty!

Clay

Larry Perkins

Clay,

I would love to have LG's 100.  I just can not quite swing it unless I could talk him into trading for a very nice Classic 125 Yamaha MXer.  Then there is the prob with getting it here.  I have not given up on it.

Larry P

Chakka

Clay,
Drop me an email [email protected]. I have a 74 restored that I want to sell. Both tanks, MX and Toaster, Doug Wilford engine, Mikuni Carb, Boge Shocks 35mm Ceriani's. I had pics posted a while back and can email you a bunch.

Chris

clayman

Hi Chris,

I was unable to reply to your email address posted below.

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to see a couple of photos of the bike. I actually have a chance to get my old '74 125 back but have to give up my '74 CZ 400 to get it and that may be a bit too much to ask! In that case I may be looking to buy one outright, so please send me details.

Clay

Chakka

Hi Clay, Here is a link to all my restorations on photobucket. It documents the entire restoration of the 74' 125. The first photos are as it looks today. A little dirty but with a short tall seat and an MX tank.
Chris
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/chakka141/1974%20Penton%20Six%20Day/

clayman

Chris,

Very cool bike. Thanks for the pics. I'll for sure keep it in mind if I don't do that CZ/Penton trade. It's just like I am looking for.

Sincerely,

Clay