1972-'74 125 Penton wanted

Started by clayman, February 04, 2009, 10:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

Thanks Clay,

Its a great bike but should be owned by somebody who will race it and right now my life is going in a different direction. Oh BTW the price is $2,000.

Chris

sixdazed

Hi Chris,Is your bike an early 74 or a 74 1/2 with the earlier cylinder and where are you located?Thanks,
                                          Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

clayman

Hi Ric,

I'm still in the "thinking" mode, so if you want Chris' 1974 125, I'm sure he'd be happy to send it your way. I saw photos of the bike and it's very nice. I'm still mulling over that CZ/Penton swap locally and also had another option arise here in the Northwest with a '72 125.

Hope all is well.

Clay

Chakka

Thanks for the interest in my Six Day. I went down to my workshop and made a list of components and will list them here. Hopefully that way I can answer everyone's questions at one time. The base bike was a rolling chassis with no engine I bought years ago. The engine is a 5A Sachs #655105 converted to six speed and completely rebuilt buy Doug Wilford at the same time. It has virtually no time on the rebuild. I don't know what bore it is on but Doug was very thorough and it runs great and starts easily. It has a new MZB with lighting coil and all lights work.
Frame #40170406 painted with PJ1 KTM Silver Gray.....NOT POWDER COATED, new stearing head bearings and o-rings. Ceriani 35mm forks w/new seals, Ft wheel has new bearings, seals, brakes and Akront rim. New 3.00x21 Cheng Shen, Tube and rim locks. All Cables are new, Handlebars New from Speed & Sport. New Magura levers, VDO works but could use paint. Euro Headlight shell from Tom Brosius w/GE bulb. Petty repop front fender from Vintage Iron,NOS CEV light switch, Oury Grips, New swing arm bushings, new air filter, new mikuni 26mm carb, new bash plate, chain guide, guide block and guard. Center Stand, Fiberglass side covers, Falk rear fender, boge shocks 13 1/2", Rear Akront, 3.50x18 Cheng-Shen, new tube and locks, new rear wheel bearings, seals, drive rubbers. New Sprocket 60 tooth, I think the front sprocket is 12T, new chain. New brake lever bushings, all new rubber splash guards. Tank and side covers painted in 2 part poly, both tanks sealed inside. Basically everything has been replaced with new or restored components. It is not a flashy display bike, this was ment to be a rider and here is what is needed to improve it's appearance:
PJ1 Paint on frame and swingarm is matt and scratched in spots, if I kept the bike I would powder coat. petcocks leak...need new seals or new petcocks. Spoke nipples have surface rust from sitting in my barn for a summer. Rear axle bolt has surface rust, both tanks have a few scratches. The MX tank had a paint blister about .25 diameter. An expert tuner could probably jet the bike better but it has great low end and runs strong. Mechanically it is excellent, cosmetically needs some elbow grease.
I hope that answers everybody's questions. I have 2 other Penton's which I will list here soon. A 76' 125 Cross Country and a 250MC5. Thanks for all the kind words about the bike!
Chris