Engine Rebuilder - 400 Mint/75' vintage

Started by Tim Grow, March 10, 2009, 02:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Grow

Gentlemen-
Might you give a southwest-Ohio based Penton rider a bit of direction on who is a quality re-builder of Penton motors.  Indeed, I'm willing to transport/ship the engine within a reasonable distance to do so.  However, I'm none to clear of what is available in the immediate Ohio area, either. Any thoughts understanding we have a 75' 400 engine, still pretty-strong and OK-sounding, that had it's shifter-shaft splines, and shifter, extracated navigating a lapper in Gainesville.
Thanks, all.  Tim

brian kirby

Tim, "Chicago" Jerry is in Wakeman Ohio and he does excellent work on KTM/Penton engines.

[email protected]

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

thrownchain

I think Mr Ellis is on that list also.

chicagojerry

hey tim. i sent you note off-site.. jerry

xracer

gary ellis is the very best there is his number is 217 260 0237 give him a call  later dave  when in doubt gas it

Rain Man

x racer be careful: your stepping on  many toes when insinuating "whos the best".  There are many very competent Penton wrenches here, And the best are very, very humble, needeth not be said..

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

xracer

advice taken buts he is damn good hope i didnt hurt anybody feelings if i did sorry  dave  when in doubt gas it

TGTech

Bobby Lucas in Texas is also another good worker on these engines. 817-483-7346.

Dane

chicagojerry

gary ellis does an outstanding job and i learned some tips from him  about timing motoplats at mid-ohio a couple of years ago. bobby lucas does fine work too.  no offense taken from my end and its a big complement that some others think  highly of some of my work.:)
chi jer