Blown Seal Causing.......?

Started by Mick Milakovic, April 30, 2009, 10:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Ambr rode her bike last weekend and blew the ingintion side seal OUT!  It didn't just leak, it came out of the housing.  I've replaced the seal but now the bike strains to run for 3-4 seconds and quits.  It sounds wierd, metallic-like when I kick it.  My buddy Gary Ellis thinks it's a stuck ring or a bad bearing on the ignition side.  I'm going to pull the pipe and head off tonight and look for scoring on the piston exhaust side, hopeing for an easy fix before Combs this weekend.  Anybody have other suggustions to look at?  Thanks,

Mick
Mick

Larry Perkins

My bet is the main bearing has given up and some metal from it caused the seal to go.

Larry P

dirtbike

A seal coming loose by its own without any appearent reason happen now and then.
Problem is that once it's out the bike run so lean that you could fry the mainbearing and even the piston quite quickly.

vmxracer

Well, the motor head and piston top has debris marks on them.  I'll be tearing it apart for further diagnosis soon.

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

vmxracer

Hey I think my dad made that last post! But we will be taking a closer look at it, and it will hopefully be ready by the New York race. But, it did look like it had some sort of mechanical debris.

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"