West Point Tennessee Video National Enduro Vintage

Started by Tennessee Vol, May 08, 2009, 11:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Vol

Guys here is a video of the Round 5 National Enduro at West Point Tennesse 2 weeks ago where we will be having the ISDT Vintage 2 Day Qualifier on September 19 & 20th 2009.I hope this gives you some idea of the terrain you will be riding.

http://www.adrenalinevision.com/index.html

We are not going to be having big hills to climb or anything inpassable we will make it vintage friendly as possible,the terrain is way easier than the Combs terrain.

It is going to be a great ride we are deciding on the terrain tests right now.We already have 3 test sections 8-10 minutes in length.We will have a grass track at the camp ground.

Please let me know if you have any questions,also anyone is welcome to come a couple days early to ride I will come down and lead a trail ride.

Bojo Stults

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

SouthRider

Hey bobby,

Thanx for the clip. Really looks like my kind of riding.

I'd like to start a discussion with all the riders.

Is it only me, or would anyone else like to see the test sections a little bit longer?

My rationale is that after trail riding the whole day & not having it count - when I am in a short test section if I blow one corner I could lose the race right there.

I'm not suggesting that the test sections be killer - just that if they were a couple miles longer you could possibly make up for a small mistake.

What does everyone else think?

Clark

Clark A Gristina
Covington, La
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

brian kirby

I would be for that Clark. I'd also like BoJo to throw in some trailer bridges too if he can. :D

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

Tennessee Vol

Guys we are open to any suggestions you might have,we want to make it the best possible race for the riders.That is what it is all about.

We are not going to try to kill anyone.If you can ride Combs Westpoint will be easy.The creek crossing you see in the video will be as deep as you will be in all weekend.We have a mix of young pines old pines and hardwoods along with some cutovers in the untimed transfer sections.

I personally think we need 40-50 minutes of test time on Saturday and maybe a little shorter on Sunday.I am looking at 4-5 woods test sections and a acceleration test and 1 lap mx on Saturday.The 3-4 woods sections on Sunday along with the 5 lap mx test.

Please give me commets and suggestions and let me know if I am leaving out anything you need to know.

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

pakala

Bojo,
Won't 4-5 test sections call for alot of manpower (Club members) to stage?
            Pablo

Tennessee Vol

Pablo,
 We have plenty of help lots of club members.A lot of them will get to see the vintage racing 1st hand.Also a lot of them are 35-60 years old and I know they will be hooked.

Also I hope to pull a lot of spectators from the Mid-south Hare Scrambles series.Along with Southern Enduro Riders Association.If I can get De-wight Rudder to do anything to promote it with them.

More to come.

Bojo Stults

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

Dwight Rudder

HEY NOW,  I got "Rabbit" to join us and I talked "Peg" , you and Gary C. into joining us. Who says I don't promote Vintage racing ?  I hope that Dave Crain will join us on a Honda SL100.  He used to race MX on one when growing up.
Dwight

vmxracer

WOW! This track has me pumped up and excited! But then again, anything that has to do with two wheels, an engine, dirt and time to ride makes me happy!

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Tennessee Vol

Amber,
 I hope you can make it,you will like it.Me and your pop talked after the test up on the mountain Sunday about ya'll comming down.He said about your Navy commitments but sounded like you would be able to make it.

You might not remember but I came to your house 1 time 3-4 years ago and swapped some old bike parts with your Dad.

Also I thought that was Gary Ellis bike on the starting line Sunday morning at Combs you are lucky it did not blow up like a bomb when you started it!![}:)].We were 1 row behind ya'll on the Yamaha Yz's.You had a Great great ride at Combs congrats again!!

Bojo Stults

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

brian kirby

BoJo, she will be in Pensacola for training with the Navy so if Uncle Sam will let her go for the weekend she will have a ride up there with Mom and I.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

G Ellis

BoJo  You can use that YZ and I still will beat up on you with my 175:D:D or I just might have to get my 125 out.[8D] Later Gary

Mick Milakovic

Hey BoJo, I'm going to be there Sunday; my high school golf team plays the first round of the state tournament on Saturday.  If Ambr can get time away from Navy A-School she'll be there.  Anybody traveling from near Indy to Tennessee that can take a bike for gas money?

Mick
Mick

vmxracer

well, actually mr. stults,
the gs6 was great for me! so great, have put my father and Gary to the task of putting together and mc5 or gs6. I am very excited! And I am hoping someone will be able to drag(not literally), my bike to tennessee for me! PLEASE!!:D[:I]

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Tennessee Vol

Ambr,
 I think I can get your bike down from Indy.I know some people in Indy that I think will help out.Get you dad to contact me.

Also I have posted this elsewhere so I will post it here also--- My Father-in Law and my wife are going to cook a free Chicken stew  30-40 gallons Saturday afternoon,it is some of the best you will ever eat.

I am also working on getting my Uncle to cook a pig-in-the ground also Saturday afternoon.

Also Pablo Johnstone has given the new name--and has been put in charge of getting together the "1st Annual Redneck Hillbilly Trail Ride" on Friday.:D

More to come.

Bojo Stults
Bobby Stults