ISDT RR warm-up ride

Started by OhioTed, May 12, 2009, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Ok, POG friends - now is the time to get your Reunion bike out and give it a test-run.  The Ohio Valley BSA Club's Spring Reliability Run is coming up at the end of this month.  Running May 30-31, the event includes the RR, plus vintage trials, a swap meet, bike show, lots of themed-road rides, and LOTS of cool vintage bikes tooling around.    

For our kind of riding, the Reliability Run is the jewel, however.  You'll not find a better ride, featuring wonderfully scenic and entertaining back roads, dirt roads, and vintage-friendly trails.  I can fully attest to the quality of the route, 'cause I myself helped to lay it out!  Fun time, guaranteed!

Key time is 8:00 am Saturday morning, and it's so easy to participate, it'll make you smile from ear ta' ear.  No AMA membership required, no AHRMA either.  Just show up, pay ten bucks, and go have a great time.  

We laid out nearly 90 miles!  Can you dig it?  And yet, should your bike, body, or schedule not permit THAT much fun, the course is also set up to permit a cut-off at about 46 miles.  It's fun and challenging, but not too much.  Heck, Clark Francy and I laid it out on matching (and equally tired) Honda XL175's - and we're pretty equally-tired ourselves, too.  

You won't be bored, though.  It's a great ride.  BEAUTIFUL countryside!  You'll ride down gorgeous trails, past horse ranches and Amish farms, and alongside of beautiful, rushing creeks, and past lakes, and over a covered bridge, and I could go on and on.  Come on, guys, let's get a Penton presence out there.  But remember, it's run what you brung, so any brand goes - even (egad) modern bikes.  Location is right off of State Route 7, near Steubenville, Ohio.

Just remember, you got's to be quiet, have some lights on board, and a license plate of some shape or form - 'cause we're going to be bopping down public roads 'tween the trails.  For more info, contact me or check out the OVBSAOC website.  Hope to see you there.  Don't miss out.  You'll thank yourself all during the ride and later, too.  

Ted Guthrie

scott brogan

Hey all   The dates are 30-31 May for the BSA meet.
I just checked thier web site.

marsattacks

This is a great, no-pressure friendly ride.  Last year had 4+creek crossings, plenty of double-track, some single-track, and great scenery and friendly people. Plus vintage trials later in the day and Sunday if you like.

Click here to see Mars attack:
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0208/images/marsattacks.jpg
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

OhioTed

Much thanks to Scott for correcting my error on the dates.  I've since edited content of original post with correct days.  Thanks, Scott!  Hope to see you guys there.

Ted

marsattacks

Ted and all ovbsa members thx for another great event!

Click here to see Mars attack:
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0208/images/marsattacks.jpg
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

OhioTed

Thank you for the kind note, John.  See ride report, following.  With taking time out on the course to stop and take photos, do some re-arrowing, and help riders through some tough sections and stay on the course, I didn't get in until after 2 pm.  I looked for you and Bink, but only saw your Frontera sitting in your pit with the seat off.  How did things go?