Help name this piston/ rod

Started by gooddirt, May 27, 2009, 10:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

The piston in the pics; is that a GS or one for the -D- barrel (stock on right) ?. What about the rod? ( pic #8)   Also is that a 97cc Shrub on the track?  The Girl on the CZ just about took out 3 bikes off the start. see at  //www.photobucket.com/ktmgs100

Larry Perkins

Larry,

The piston is like one that has been trimmed on the edges for tiny booster ports.  I have seen a couple of those.  The rod setup looks like a GS Pro stuffed crank setup to me.  It is tighter in the case area than a D or GS to me.

Larry P

john durrill

Larry,
Does the Piston have a 15 mm wrist pin hole? It looks like an Iron Barrel piston. Its missing the groves below the rings. The rings look like what come on the older 125 cylinders.
 I will look in my pistons tonight and see if we have one like that.
 Try Leo on the Rod part # he may be able to ID which model it came from.
 John D.

gooddirt

Yes its 15mm ,says ELKO on top . I think they are moly filled rings.  I ran one of these  pistons 9 years ago in a stock 125 B barrel but sold the bike it was in .  The bike ran fine, this piston in the pics  has ring stops in rear. Have another one of these pistons 54.25 mm has the ring stops at 8 '0 clock and 4 o'clock .

gooddirt

Al B's new Wiseco looks real close ; dome and the cut of the wide transfers and the trimmed bottom edges.