AHRMA DUES GOING UP 45%

Started by Larry Perkins, June 04, 2009, 07:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Many of you may follow the AHRMA website but if not there is a dues increase and a way to dodge it announced there yesterday.  Yearly dues are going from $45 to $65 as of December 1.  If you pay for 2 years of dues before that you can still do it at $45 per year or a total of $90.

Two other money raising plans announced are a Lifetime membership for 60 year old and older members for $650 and a thing called Friends of AHRMA where you just donate money to them.

These plans were inacted to overcome what AHRMA estimates will be a loss of $45,000 from VMD at Mid-Ohio.

Larry P

Dwight Rudder

Thanks for the heads up. I will probably go for the 2 year membership deal.
BUT, I believe it isn't going to be as big a hit as they think. They have a couple events planned to replace the VMD events and they have insurance that is cheaper than what they got from the AMA.  PLUS they now don't have to pay AMA sanctioning fees.  So I think AHRMA is in much better shape than they fear.
IMO,
Dwight

brian kirby

$45 AHRMA+$39 AMA= $84

$65 AHRMA without the AMA

Its a win-win, $20 a year cheaper for me and I dont have to give any money to the AMA.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

Lew Mayer

I'm not saying the AMA does everything right but at least there is someone doing something in Washington for motorcyclists. Road and dirt alike. Sure beats no representation, at all.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

brian kirby

Lew, the AMA does very little for riders, especially off roaders. If they spent 1/10th the time fighting to keep public riding areas open as they do fighting to get motorcycle access to HOV lanes I'd agree.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

Lew Mayer

Yes but without them, we have nothing at all.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dwight Rudder

I agree with both of you.  If the AMA would spend more time on keeping riding areas open and less time on Helmet laws........

I am not anti AMA , I am anti current AMA management.
Dwight