Broome/Tioga CC

Started by thrownchain, June 04, 2009, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

For those of you coming up for the race at Broome/Tioga. On Sat night at Beldon Hills, NY, they will be racing flattrack, 1/4 mile oval. It's a good time and not far from B/T. So if you're looking for more racing to watch, head on over.

tooclose racing

Howdy, "neighbor"...

For now, my plan is to just race the Saturday race (or races) and not race on Sunday.  But I just may have to re-think my plan! I love flat track, and I'm still hoping that I find "gift" enrollment to Danny Walker's American Supercamp under the Christmas tree.  

Kinda interesting the program they've planned for this National AHRMA CC round.  Basically Vintage AM, PV PM on Saturday, then repeat on Sunday.  I'm holding off on committing to Sunday because of some work-related issues that may have me heading into the Salt Mine on the seventh day.  Sad, but true...[|)]

My 72 SD is basically all ready - I gave it an overdue tranny oil change (uh..pink "milk" came out - think it was time?).  Very straightforward. Cleaned up both brake hubs, drums, parts, pieces. And pulled the ignition cover for the first time which - surprise, surprise (not) - resulted in releasing a few drops of water.  "Christine - where do you keep your hair dryer...?".

I ordered some brush guards at beginning of week and I'm crossing my fingers that they get here today, but it not...oh well...didn't have 'em when I raced my Yamahas back in the day.

Question #1 - what is the school of thought around here on the brake drum surfaces - should you leave them a little rough or use some fine grit/emery cloth to get them super smooth/shiny?

Questin #2 - has anybody ever spotted a pair of 13.5" Works shocks on eBay - for a Quadracer (I think Honda EX) - and thought - I wonder if those would work on my bike?  Yea, yea spring rates and bolt mounts might not be right..but if the price is right...;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-TRX300EX-TRX-300EX-300-EX-WORKS-FRONT-SHOCKS_W0QQitemZ270402525292QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ef53f186c&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Y'all have a great weekend.  I just wanna have a better weekend than I had at Allen's Farm!