Rear Fender Mounting Rubber/metal Brkt

Started by garrettccovington, June 15, 2009, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrettccovington

My  72 6-Day is almost Complete.  (I jus wanna ride!)  I've searched the message board and have info overload.  I noticed on Brian Kirby's 73 Birkshire photo dated 12/11/08 in Brian's Gallery  his rear fender was mounted using a little rubber/metal u mounting bracket.  My brothers swear they didn't grind off the metal tabs on the rear loop.  

Any info on where I can get one of those little metal/rubber brackets?

G
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

garrettccovington

Victor responded on his "Indian info" wanted in the "Wanted/For Sale forum" that he believes the rear fender was mounted by a rubber bracket that "swallowed" the rear frame loop. That is a good discription of the picture of Brian Kirby's birkshire.  I e-mailed Brian for more info.

G
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

brian kirby

G,

Yeah, its a metal bracket thing with rubber bonded too it. It was on the bike when I got it, but I think you could use a conduit bracket from a hardware store as they are similar.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

firstturn

Garrett,
  I emailed you some pictures of the mount and Brian is correct on the conduit bracket.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

garrettccovington

Good deal! Conduit bracket it will be.

G
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by garrettccovington
 My brothers swear they didn't grind off the metal tabs on the rear loop.  

G

Are you sure it's a '72 ?

B

brian kirby

Something else to keep in mind looking at my bike is the rear frame loop was cut and shortened. The rear most point of the loop is probably 2-4 inches closer to the seat than a stock loop. I would guess they did that to save weight? Anyway, my bike is a late '72 and it should have the tabs on it, but it doesnt.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian