Home Page Photo Quiz - December 2004

Started by Admin, December 15, 2004, 10:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

-Mickey Boone (Winston/Salem, N.C.) was the 'real deal'. In '74 he rode with Marty Smith on the Factory Honda Team.

-Mid to late 70's Penton Enduro star Rick Weathersbee, Sumpter, S.C.

-And one of my Carolina favorites of all-time, (besides Thomas & Bobby that is), the late, great, #21, Will Davis.

firstturn

Rob,
  I almost forgot about Will Davis.  Man what a rider.  Wasn't it Mickey Boone that claimed and got a Factory Honda for $2500.00(in round figures) causing the Factories to have AMA up the Claiming rule to $5000.00(I think was the figure).  I can always ask Ed Youngblood since he was President of AMA at the time.  I have a great follow up story to this after we figure out if this is the right person....O.Sherriff

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

I am sorry I forgot Will !! He was on of the greats ! It is a shame we lost him so soon.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

OK, I hope we all got a new Penton or something to go on a Penton for Christmas.  Thanks for all the great input on this past months quiz.  The Sherriff is going to have some POG talent for The Monthly Quiz from time to time as I have had very favorable email on this past one with Thomas Carmichael.  I think the most impressive comments was the fact that some people never saw or thought that Pentons made great flat trackers.  Thanks again for Rob W  a.k.a.  the Czar of The Monthly Quiz.
  I will have another Quiz ready in a few days.  I would also like to ask anyone that has a picture that you feel would be good for the Quiz to email me with the information.  Happy New Year to everyone and especially Tony and Gary with Wedding announcement.  

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh