Home Page Photo Quiz - December 2004

Started by Admin, December 15, 2004, 10:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

It's the Holiday Season and I felt we needed a quiz to show one of our own (POG Member) and a career that never was because of a serious racing accident.

With that said you will see the picture shows the start of a race and SOMEONE getting a big jump to the Firstturn.  Who is the rider, the bike brand and size, and any Idea of the race track or area the picture was taken?

http://www.pentonusa.org/archive/homepage/index_011605.html

I want to thank everyone at the POG for their interest and contribution to the Website and Quiz.  From the Carbaugh Family to everyone Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

O.Sherriff

Don Roth

Well, Omar, I will start this exercise, from the lack of front fender and stature, I am guessing our own Al B riding a 250 KTM.
-santa don

Gary Roach

OUCWBOY

It is Thomas Carmichael on a 125cc Penton. No front fender on this because it is a short track race. Go Thomas!!!!!!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Tennessee Vol

Man what a holeshot!! [8D] It shows what kind of snap that Sachs has.

But it looks like the pilot has a whole lot of SKILL at the controls.Way to go T.C.

Merry X-Mas and Happy New Years To All

Bobby,Carol,Mache,Zeb,Mahalie and Zeke Stults
Bobby Stults

Lew Mayer

Has to be Ron Carbaugh,himself.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

rob w

[:0] Oh wait.......did he jump? Is the starter pointing to the back row for Thomas [?] ;)

Cool shot, good ol' days, eh Thomas. :)

Thanks Ohm
Bob

Kip Kern

I still have the old picture, "where's the beef"  can't find the new photo:(

firstturn

Rob,
  I...I mean he got the hole shot alright and to the firstturn FIRST.
You guys think it is Thomas Carmichael eh?  More later.  Any guess on the track and what kind of bikes the guy on fire is dusting off the line.  Rob I always like how you look at the big picture.

Lew,
  Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I could only wish to have been Class C racing a Penton.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

swamp fox

Hmmm,
I think I sees me a Honda wing on a tank. And maybe a Yamahama stripe?  Could this be the old Charleston Speedway?

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

OUCWBOY

Looks like the bike on the outside is a Rickman Zundapp!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

OK OK it is Thomas Carmicael and he is on a 125 Penton.  Later I will give everyone a little more back ground on Thomas.  There is a Honda there #27.  He was sponcered by Silvers Honda any guess on who this rider is that later gave Kenny Roberst fits at a indoor race in  Atlanta one time?
  Lets try again on the race track......more on the outside bike later.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

swamp fox

Ok Ron,
Here's another guess for the track.
Ogelthorpe in Savannah, Ga?

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

firstturn

Swamp Fox,
  You and Thomas are the Masters of South Carolina so I am going to give you a hint.  Olgethorpe isn't it....you need to go further down the alphabet than O.  More later.
O. Sherriff

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Gary Roach