Prayers for Thomas Carmichael

Started by firstturn, February 15, 2010, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

Best of wishes Big Guy! We have got to bounce around those Arkansas rocks again.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

I spoke with Thomas today and he wanted to thank all his POG Friends for their thoughts and Prayers.  The next several days will be very difficult in the waiting and anticipation of the results and surgery.

Another update from Thomas' Wife.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2010 1:30 PM, EST

From Clinta - I spoke with someone at the surgeon's office Friday afternoon and learned that Monday afternoon, we should know more about the tumor and the type of surgical procedure the doctor will perform.  Thomas is experiencing a high level of cabin fever and feeling more anxiety because of it.  Unfortunately, the numbness has not gotten any better, potentially even a little worse.  At this point though, there's nothing that can be done except to continue with the steroids and hope that they are reducing the swelling in his head.  He is enjoying the comments that his friends are leaving on the Guestbook and particularly enjoys when people reflect on experiences that they shared.  It puts a smile on his face and gives him positive memories to focus on.  Thank you so much for your concern and prayers and for the interaction with this site.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

I just found out about this and Thomas, you are in my Prayers. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

swamp fox

I spoke with Thomas about 1/2 hour ago. Here's an update from the CaringBridge site that Clinta posted.

Praise God!  We got the best news we could possibly have gotten just now!  We heard from the surgeon's assistant, (have not talked directly with the surgeon yet), and her message was that the surgeon said that the tumor was one mass and that he felt he could get it all with surgery.  She said that the surgery should be about 3 hours and that he should be able to come home in a couple of days.  We are so emotional now and so relieved.  We know that Thomas will still have a long road for healing but it is so awesome to know that the tumor has not fragmented throughout the nerve center.  Once the surgeon has removed the tumor, he will have it biopsied to determine whether it is benign or malignant.  But, in the meantime, we are so grateful for this wonderful news!  Thank you all for the abundance of prayer, we will never be able to tell you how much it means to us!

I have to run to work myself, but TC is at home and sounded very relieved about the outcome of the MRI.
Next round of prayers, and we'll be ready to ride again.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

firstturn

Robert has given us the Great News.  Wednesday is the big Day for Surgery.  Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

That is great news... no time to back off on the prayers though... This kind of thing can take a very long time to recover.. most of which is after all the wounds heal... I am more confindent than before for a complete recovery.. Thomas one day we need to ride together...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tmc3c

Well it is almost the main.  I wonder if I smelled too much Blendzall back in the 70's. Of course, I could make myself crazy trying to figure out the why, but let me tell you the how.  How I'm able to go into surgery tomorrow with the knowledge that God and his abundance of angels will be by my side.....It is through God's merciful love for even people like me and because of all my incredibly wonderful friends like you!  I can't possibly put into words the enormous outpouring of love, prayers, and well-wishes that I've gotten from friends all over the country.  To have the support and concern from people that are so dear to me, as well as people I know only by name or through other people has been an experience that I have never had before and I have no comfort level with being able to adequately thank everyone for it.  

I know that I have a long road ahead of me in the healing process, but I couldn't leave my home tomorrow at 6AM without posting a personal note to let everyone know how much I appreciate them and I'm so blessed to have them in my life.  

Ron Carbaugh and Bobby Manuncy have been so kind to keep everyone informed of my prognosis and I feel sure that they will continue.  Please pray that God gives my surgeon the wisdom to make smart choices and decisions in the operating room tomorrow, that we get a report of benign and that my recovery be effective.  Thanks Poggers everywhere!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Lew Mayer

Best of luck and prayers are with you.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

cubfan1968

Keep the faith old Penton brother of mine

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

tomale

Thomas, I will be praying that God will guide the surgeons hands as well as give him the clearity to know just how and where to cut... I love you brother...

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

Thanks Thomas for updating everyone.  You will be in my Prayers and thanks for the call this evening.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Thomas is in Surgery right now and here is an update from his Wife.

I'm writing this from the neurological surgical waiting room.  Thomas had another MRI this morning, fortunately it lasted only 10 minutes.  The surgeon came by the surgical holding area and told us that he would be sending out a frozen piece of the tumor to confirm whether it's a primary or secondary tumor.  We are very hopeful of it being primary.  We joked with the surgeon that he may find rocks in Thomas's head when he opens him up from an incident years ago.  Thomas was riding a skateboard behind a car traveling at 25 miles per hour.  He fell hard and his head got the brunt of the fall with rocks and pebbles embedded in cuts.  (This is only one of many daredevil types activities that Thomas has done!)  I told Thomas that I felt the prayers that were being said for him, almost like a blanket or spirit surrounding me.  Thank you!  Thomas was very emotional when they came to take him back.  He told me to tell the kids how much he loved them, which naturally was upsetting to me.  Hannah and Trey will be coming up to the hospital shortly.  I told them to go on to class today so that we can try and maintain as much normalcy as possible.  They have already called me once to tell me that Thomas is underway in surgery and they will update me again in another hour or so.  I am set up at a desk in the waiting room with my laptop so I will update this again as soon as I get additional information.  

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

swamp fox

Quotequote:Originally posted by tmc3c
[Ron Carbaugh and Bobby Manucy (fixed ;)) have been so kind to keep everyone informed....

Ron beat me to it. I also called TC's cel phone thinking Clinta would have it, but she may not be able to answer in the waiting room. Will update when we hear something.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

firstturn

Bob,
  Send me a email when you have time.  I do not have your email address in my Library.  Thanks.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Doug Wilford

Tom and family
Our prayers and concerns are with you and your family.
May God Bless and care for you in this time of need.