Prayers for Thomas Carmichael

Started by firstturn, February 15, 2010, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Here are the latest posts.  I will not be able to make the trip to South Carolina as our Home in Houston was robbed this week and I am trying to get things back to normal.  Thomas was a Very Brave person and fought hard.  I will miss him as his Friendship was priceless.  Thanks for all the great posts for Thomas and his Family.

FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2010 11:34 PM, EDT

Fom Clinta - Although not technically confirmed until we meet with the mortuary tomorrow, they have indicated to me that they feel certain that they will be able to accomodate these arrangements:   Visitation on Monday, 7/5 6p - 8p; Memorial Service on 7/6 2pm at Woods Mortuary, 300 West Poinsett Street, Greer, SC 29650, 864-877-3351.  

Additionally, I know that there may be some people traveling from out of town so Donna checked and got a special rate at the Holiday Inn Express right here in Greer, 5 minutes from the funeral home.  If you tell them that you are with the Carmichael Funeral party, the rate is $ 72.  The address is 1315 W. Wade Hampton Blvd, Greer, SC 29650, 864-877-0076.  There are lots of other hotels in the Greenville area but this one is the closest to the mortuary.  

I will let you know definitively that the arrangements above are finalized.

SATURDAY, JULY 3, 2010 1:39 AM, EDT

From Clinta - I won't be posting or using caring bridge much longer even though I am so grateful that we had this platform to communicate to our friends and family and it was such an encouraging tool for Thomas.  I will be saving the journals and posts for Hannah and Trey, it will be something they will treasure and read from time to time.  So if in the next few days you feel so inclined, I'm sure they would enjoy reading tributes or antidotes about their Dad.  I know it would be very helpful to all of us in the next few months.  Thanks so much!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

brian kirby

Brian

firstturn

Even when Thomas left us he did it on a special Day.

SATURDAY, JULY 3, 2010 10:47 PM, EDT

From Clinta - Hannah has teased me about saying that I won't be posting any more yesterday and then I post several more times.  I am not responsible for my actions, deeds or words these days.  It is inconceivable to me that it's been a little over 24 hours since Thomas has left us to go live with Jesus, friends and family in heaven.  Thomas went home on the anniversary of my father's death 39 years ago, both died on July 2nd, so that date will forever be etched in my heart.  His memorial service will be held on our 26th anniversary so both occasions have dates that are already legendary to me.  But, if it was to be that we were to lose him then I don't consider it a bad thing that Thomas passed on my Dad's death anniversary, I think it symbolizes that my Dad was waiting to greet him and give him a hug for taking such great care of his daughter and for being a devoted father to Hannah and Trey.  I think it's a fitting tribute that we are celebrating his life on the same day that we married.  Since God decided that it was time for Thomas to come home, then we will celebrate his being cancer and pain free and that he and I had a love story for 26 years.  

The arrangements as I stated yesterday are basically the same with one small change that was not optional.  The visitation will be on Monday night at Wood Mortuary from 6pm to 8pm.  The Memorial service will be on Tuesday at 1pm NOT 2pm.  We are having a private burial on Tuesday morning that will be officiated by Buddy Waters, our former Sunday School teacher.  I met with Wood Mortuary today and they apparently provide information on their website regarding the arrangments and his obituary will be in the Greenville, Charleston and Florence newspapers tomorrow, (Sunday), at least I know that Greenville's will be, not positive about the other two.  

If you need additional information, I have 2 very dear friends that are helping me coordinate everything.  Feel free to call them with any questions:  Barbara Pittsenbarger, 803-206-3570 and Donna Lazar, 864-431-4082.  Please continue to pray for Team Carmichael, we need comfort in the months to come.  We love you!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Clinta,

You are an extraordinary woman.  I am not sure I have seen such inner and outer strength in a man or a woman in my lifetime as what I have seen through your postings these past few months.  Thomas was an extraordinary guy and it is easy to see how you two were such a pair.  Team Carmichael is an inspiration to us all.  May God heap blessings and comfort on you both now and the months ahead.  

Larry P

firstturn

Thomas Carmichael Jr.   |   Visit Guest Book

Thomas Malcolm Carmichael, Jr. of Greer, SC, beloved husband, father and son, 52, passed away on July 2, 2010 at his home. He fought a valiant battle against brain cancer.
Thomas was born in Mullins, SC on March 3, 1958 and graduated from St. Andrews High School in 1977. He attended multiple vocational schools, Greenville Technical College and was employed by Cryovac/Sealed Air in Simpsonville, SC for 15 years.
Thomas was married to his wife, Clinta for 26 years and they have two children, Hannah, 20 and Trey, 19 of the home. Thomas was a member of New Spring Community Church and was a devoted Christian. He was a dirt bike enthusiast who loved riding in the woods and restoring vintage motorcycles. He has been flat track racing since he was a young boy, successfully placing in many races. He was an active member of the Penton Owners Group and enjoyed competing in vintage motorcycle racing. Thomas is survived by his wife Clinta, daughter Hannah, son Trey, of Greer, his parents, Malcolm and Shelby Carmichael of Marion, SC, and his brother Terence and his wife Melissa of Summerville, SC. A visitation service will be held at The Wood Mortuary, 300 West Poinsett Street, Greer, SC 29650 on Monday, July 5th from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and a Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, July 6th at 1 p.m. at The Wood Mortuary. Memorials may be made to Joshua's Way, P.O. Box 1605, Greer, SC 29652. Online condolences may be made at //www.thewoodmortuary.com

Published in The Greenville News on July 4, 2010

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

BlueRidgePathfinder

Rest in peace Thomas Carmichael.  God knows you deserve it.

Although I had heard and read of Thomas for years around the vintage enduro scene, I did not meet him until last year when he and I helped Greg Holder produce the inaugural Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.  

He was a fine fellow and definitely a kindred spirit.

Thomas was invaluable help to Greg in laying out and constructing the wonderful course for our race at K&S Kartland near Fountain Inn, South Carolina.

Thomas and his family worked tirelessly manning the admission gate at our event, through the torrential rains that picked our weekend to end Upstate South Carolina's worst drought on record, and the resultant mud and slop.

In retrospect, Greg and I feel the brain cancer was already affecting Thomas on that wet weekend in March, as he just did not feel up to his game.  

Although all who knew Thomas will miss him dearly, we can take solace in knowing he now is free of pain in the presence of God.

Godspeed brother Thomas.  We will miss you.

Sincerely,

Al Roof

Lew Mayer

Rest in Peace, Thomas and God's blessings and comfort for your family.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

hanksie

Godspeed Thomas,Our Prayers go out to You and Yours.  Bill&Michelle

OhioTed

My deepest condolances to the family of Thomas Carmichael.  It is clearly evident by these many, many posts from Thomas' motorcycling family that he enjoyed a great number of friends, who all thought very highly of him.  No man could hope to leave behind a greater legacy.  My personal memories of Thomas are that of a kind and very personable gentleman, who was great fun to be around.  Thomas' positive spirit will be with us always, and he will be greatly missed.

Mike Burgess

Godspeed & RIP Thomas. Our sincerest thoughts and condolonces to the entire Carmichael family.

Mike & Charlene Burgess

tomale

I have to agree with my Penton brothers, Thomas was the finest example of what it means to be a Man.. And Clinta, I know you are hurting and that is ok.. but I hope one day you can see and be proud of the way you and your kids handled the last few months, I could only wish that when it is my time I am loved as much by my family and my friends.. God Speed Thomas. Also know that I will continue to pray for team Charmaichael... you all deserve God medals
May the Peace of God cover you like Amazon Rain.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Charles Gresham

Thoughts and prayers sent to the entire family. God Bless

1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180
1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1976 Penton GS6 125
1974 Yamaha MX100
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180

hankthecrank

I saw an epitath once that describes Thomas and Team Carmichael
             Here lies a man who,
             But space is wanting for that,

Think of all that a man should be,
                And that is what he was.

Clinta and family, you are in our prayers daily.
                   Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

hersman31

prayers for his family, godspeed Thomas

sixdazed

Our hearts go out to Team Carmichael.I'm just kind of numb from this.Godspeed Brother Thomas.
                                Ric,Maggie,+Malcolm

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...