What Did You Do To Your PENTON Today?

Started by Dennis Jones, July 15, 2011, 01:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

I want to start a thread where we can share/show off what we have done with our Pentons. It may be putting on new tires, painting your tank, ripping up a race track, or coming across that unobtainium part you've been searching for.

Post up what you've done and let's see if we can keep this on page one.

I'll start it off [8D]

My Jackpiner used to see a lot of AHRMA cross country and reunion ride action but has just been sitting lately and the carb clogged up. While I had it off to clean I got the idea to paint the engine center cases, while still in the bike[8]

I'm sure I could have pulled the engine in less time than it took to mask it off but everything else looked pretty good and if I would have pulled it I would have felt compelled to do everything to it again.

Here it is with the masking removed, not bad. I'll post another picture when I get it all back together.

OK, your turn now. Let's see what you're doing.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer

Dennis Jones

Thanks Lew,

I know you are always up to something with Pentons, post it up.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

I sit in a chair, stare at them and drink beer.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Gary Roach

I worked until about 11:30 last night mounting new tires and doing some finishing touches on my 250 Penton to get it ready for Mid Ohio...

...AND THEN I GAVE IT AWAY!!!

Well, sort of....

Former National Hare Scramble and GNCC Champion, Doug Blackwell, is going to ride a couple of Kent's bike this year at Mid Ohio. Kent's bikes aren't completely ready, and since my bike is, I gave it to Doug so that he'll know what he's getting himself in to.:D This will Doug's first time at vintage racing.

Dennis good to see your still working on the Pentons. I have trouble posting pic's but do have things to post.  Just got in from rejeting my 420 KTM. Still rich on top. Next, today, I need to sand down the glass on my Penton flat tracker, my latest project. Also road my Penton Super-Moto to coffee this am, nice here today.  Dave

Mick Milakovic

Mounted two more wheel chocks in my trailer so I can take four bikes to Mid-Ohio and bring home six!  Is that how this is supposed to work? [:I]

Mick
Mick

TedG

Quotequote:Originally posted by 242

Dennis good to see your still working on the Pentons. I have trouble posting pic's but do have things to post.  Just got in from rejeting my 420 KTM. Still rich on top. Next, today, I need to sand down the glass on my Penton flat tracker, my latest project. Also road my Penton Super-Moto to coffee this am, nice here today.  Dave
I am doing a Penton flat tracker as well.
I just pulled apart the fork caps and am in the process of restoring them to a couple jewels to crown the forks with.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.143804929028297.36507.100001963717291&l=5c4962da54

Dennis Jones

Good on you Gary, going above and beyond.

Dave, or anyone else, if posting pics is a problem email them to me and I'll Post em up [email protected]

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dale Fisher

I worked on a used Bing purchased for the Jackpiner today.  Issues found are part of the pilot jet broken where it was probably torqued too tightly.  Half of the head is gone but at least the jet opening is not affected.  The side idle adjustment screw had been replaced with a bolt which had the tip ground to a point.  Attempted to replace it with a correct spare only to find the original threads had stripped and this slightly larger bolt put in its place.  We'll see if I can get things sorted, get the Amal off, get this on, and get the Jackpiner running well for putzing at VMD [V]

Dale Fisher
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

G Ellis

Well Dennis, this summer where should I start? Rebuild 4 motors,3 complete bikes.Prep 3 bikes for VMD,took time off to come visit you. Going to ride the JackPine Enduro Sunday.Hey when do I have the Time to go to work? I need to retire so I can get things done. Later Gary

Dennis Jones

SWEEEEET! keep updates on this project coming.

[/quote]
I am doing a Penton flat tracker as well.
I just pulled apart the fork caps and am in the process of restoring them to a couple jewels to crown the forks with.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.143804929028297.36507.100001963717291&l=5c4962da54
[/quote]

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Keith Meatyard

I just finished this Jackpiner. Going to start on the 2nd one which is 100% original.

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

Dennis Jones

242's 420

Dave, we can't keep up with you now,how we gonna do it if you have the jetting right?

Quotequote:Originally posted by 242

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones