What Did You Do To Your PENTON Today?

Started by Dennis Jones, July 15, 2011, 01:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

Just finished a 1979 Husky 390CR yesterday,
Fired it up this morning runs great.
Not a Penton (sorry) just wanted to show it off.
I do have a Penton though.
Ron

brian kirby

Keith,

Amazing work! This is the ex-Settles bike I rode right? Did you send off the rims to be re-chromed or did you find some new? I still need to bring you that original rear sprocket the next time I'm in P'cola, might be next weekend.

Brian
Brian

rob w

After years of battling with it, I took back my land from the poison ivy, and built a backyard test track.

Bob W

rd400pi

Bob,
  How did you get the breadcrumbs to lay down like that?:D  Cheers.

Mike H.

Ted, Seen your pic's and like your work so far, If you can e-mail me mybe we can share ideas. I'm putting in a compression brake also. Just got my foot beg rubbers today. Bates rubbers for the old blade type foot pegs.  Ron Woods has the old molds for round R blade pegs and there really nice. ( [email protected] ) Dave

TedG

Quotequote:Originally posted by 242

Ted, Seen your pic's and like your work so far, If you can e-mail me mybe we can share ideas. I'm putting in a compression brake also. Just got my foot beg rubbers today. Bates rubbers for the old blade type foot pegs.  Ron Woods has the old molds for round R blade pegs and there really nice. ( [email protected] ) Dave
Absolutely, I am going to do the Bates footpeg thing. I did it on the street tracker. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.119004788174978.22313.100001963717291&l=a7bcfc303b
There is an email coming your way. I got my last Bates rubbers from Wacula racing.

TedG

Got the Champion seat base yesterday. And maybe next week I will get some tubing bent to get started on this thing.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.143804929028297.36507.100001963717291&l=5c4962da54

Dennis Jones

OK Guys, we,re letting this thread slip back too far. I know some of you have done something to your Penton. Let's hear about it, even if it is just washing off the Mid-Ohio mud.

I cleaded my carb (2 years of sitting makes quite a mess) and put it back on and painted my airbox and installed it.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

rob w

Sort of Penton related. I put a MC5 pipe on a Toro.

Mick Milakovic

So, Bawb, did it improve the torque or the top end?

Mick
Mick

vmxracer

mr. dennis jones that ktm looks beautiful! great job! all of these restorations are fantastic! and look no older then a year! it really is incredible!

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Knute

Great topic Dennis.  I wanted to reply before VMD, but we were in the middle of our typical, wait-til-June-to-start-building-bikes mode.  These photos are from the night before I left for Mid-Ohio.  The 75K 400 was a bare frame one week before the photo and the 79K 175 in the rear was a bare frame just 3 days before the photo was taken.  Kevin, Gary, and I spent some long hours on these bikes and, fortunately, they all came together in time and performed very well at VMD.  Our matching 125 was at James' shop when these photos were taken and I need compliment him on the fine job he does maintaining it as well.  

The fourth picture is of new team member, 17-year-old Nicole Hays, who was very excited to see her ride for the first time!

TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings
Dennis & Cory Buttrick
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

Penton work today; talked to GARY Ellis, road 175 to coffee, changed tires on Penton Mule, Dave

TedG

The fab shop called and told me my 3/4" tubing with a 2.5" radius 180 degree bend was ready. Took it home and finished bending it to fit a Champion seat base. Going to start chopping off the old and fitting the new.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.143804929028297.36507.100001963717291&l=5c4962da54

skiracer

I have been riding my 250 around this week trying to get use to drum brakes again!  I prepped the bike today for a little MX up at Southwick, MA this Saturday.   The bike and I have not been to that track since 1976....should be fun!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Husqvarna 175GP
2002 KTM 200 EXC
2007 KTM 250 XCF
1981 KTM 250 (Project)
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa