What Did You Do To Your PENTON Today?

Started by Dennis Jones, July 15, 2011, 01:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Installed front wheel bearings on my 76 MC 5 for the first time in the bike's life!  How is that for longevity??

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Husqvarna 175GP
2002 KTM 200 EXC
2007 KTM 250 XCF
1981 KTM 250 (Project)
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

hankthecrank

I took my playbike, 72 sixday, to Wildwood raceways fun day. A great turnout, Team Pentovarna was there in force and lots of other riders as well. My brother, his son and some of his sons friends all rode about 4 hrs. I was the slowest. It was a great day with prizes being awarded for various comps and one young fella who looked to be about 6 won a new minicycle. Good Day!

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Jeff D

Well, technically it's not "my Penton", but I've got a 78 400 in the garage waiting for Dan McEntee to come pick up.  I pieced it together this morning to a)make it easier to transport and b) to get a list of missing parts for Dan so he's got a little advance notice of what he'll need to complete the bike.  Some stuff is the normal bits and pieces hanging around the garage and some will require the expertise of Al Buehner.  But the bike is 98% complete and kicks over with good compression.  A relaxing couple of hours in the garage!  Now to get to MY projects!  :)
Engine # 7-5505217 and frame # 550-06067.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

wfopete

Today I began the process of getting my '74 Jackpiner in shape for the Combs, AR ISDTRR.  After the Rose City event, I felt it was time to give it some TLC.  So today I checked the compression: 130 psi (is that good?), pulled the end cap off the exhaust (first time I've ever done that), to inspect the packing and for carbon build up.  I'll pull the motor tomorrow and get ready for some deeper prodding. Hopefully everything will be happy inside and I can focus on the chassis soon.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Bob Bean

Set up a display of my Pentons today at our annual Food Bank benefit road run.   Lots of guys came up and talked about "back in the day, I used to ride one"..  

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1970 125 Six Day
1973 100 Berkshire
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Penton 250 Harescrambler
1976 Husky 250CR
1985 Husky 400WRX
1985 Husky 400WR
1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

Randy Kirkbride

"I pulled my flat tracker out of the garage to take some photos for Randy's upcoming POG calendar.
Alan Buehner"

tofriedel

Just Completed this bike today.

BEFORE foreground bike

AFTER

Many thanks go out to Ron Carbaugh, Gary Ellis and Al Buhner who assisted in making this build possible.

Tony
Tony

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

checkcrew

Tony,

i know that well groomed yard [8D]

SWEET Piner !!!

take care,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Dennis Jones

Nice work Tony!

Is the before picture from the POG meeting at the AMA a few years back? If so, man there were a lot of Piners there including mine.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

tofriedel

Dennis,

Yes, that was the bike.  I purchased it later from Paul Danik at the York Swap Meet.

Tony

Tony
Tony

Bill Campbell

We have put together a 73 6 Days, a 74 Jackpiner, a 74 Harescrambler and a 76 Mint for a little vinduro this weekend. Colud be the first time something like this has happened in OZ. Very much looking forward the the weekend.

Dale Fisher

The start of "funemployment" week three and after hours of sand blast, wire wheel, and sanding V2017 gets it first coat of rust reformer primer [8D]

Dale Fisher
POG Membership
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

sixdazed

Hey Dale,Nice Work!I've updated my email thru POG so if you want the knobby shop/cheney stuff we spoke of earlier just shoot me an email with your address and i'll send to you.
                                  Ric

Tony,Beautiful Piner!!!
ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Dennis Jones

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dale Fisher

The start of "funemployment" week three and after hours of sand blast, wire wheel, and sanding V2017 gets it first coat of rust reformer primer [8D]

You're over the hill now Dale. Frame prep is my least favorite part of restoring a bike. It takes an incredible amount of time and work to do it right, I always get a second wind in a project when I bolt those first parts back on a good as new frame :D

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones