What Did You Do To Your PENTON Today?

Started by Dennis Jones, July 15, 2011, 01:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3putt

Bob, just spectacular, Nice work !!    Makes me wish you and I had become buddies 50 years sooner.    Nelson McCullough

G Ellis

Finished the 1973 175 it is for sale.  

Dale Fisher

Productive weekend.  Five pack ready to load for VMD with a couple of hours spent washing and scrubbing 1/2 of the club 24' trailer.  Cleaning the second half should be a little easier plus putting the bench back in some sense of order [V]  Only six more projects to go with three hopefully ready for next years 50 something. [?]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

jeff greenberg

Dale, they look so good!  If I were you, I'd live in the garage. Heck, maybe you already do!!
Jeff

Dale Fisher

This was one of my favorite POG threads and would like to see some renewed activity.  I know you are working on something, somewhere  :p   Should be finishing up getting the Cheney Sachs running and then on to a 72 CMF build.

Note on the picture add - sizing 3.MB - would not add manually but it did take it using the drag and drop feature.
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

slvrbrdfxr

Good idea Dale to bring this thread back to the top. I'm currently building a 75 Jackpiner and 75 Harescrambler that have been patiently waiting their turn out in the shop to receive some love. Also freshening up my 74.5 Mint 400. I'll be thinning these three from my Penton herd once completed. If anyone has an interest in buying any of these three bikes please don't hesitate to contact me through the site. Thanks for looking.
Dave McCulloughC1B66F84-D80D-4A10-897A-27793BE17BDC.jpgCB5241D5-D7AF-40EF-B45B-C70DE494AF5F.jpg852E0802-A75D-4190-97A2-282EA70A9203.jpg   

skiracer

Well, still haven't figured out how to post photos here, but anyway, I went over my bike (76 MC-5 250) from last weekend's GNCC race.  Everything is looking good, no damage.  I changed the air filter, checked the bolts, chain tension was good so I am set for the next race next weekend in northern GA. I love getting a bike to the point of everything is done, and now I just have to maintain it. 
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

ALB

I did nothing to my bike except start it up and let it warm up. I do this several times a year to make sure that it starts up and runs. Because I have not been riding it, it has regular pump gas in the tank that has been in there for 5 or more years. The bike generally starts right up after 2-3 kicks.

NOTE: This bike has
a Hi-Point alloy tank
Lectron carb with alcohol proof float bowl
MZB ignition

Because I have these components on my bike, I am able to get away with keeping old gas in the tanks and getting the bike to run. Do not do this with a stock Penton bike.

It is my desire to take it out and ride it this year when the weather warms up. I will be giving it a good going over to check things out and perhaps give it a good cleaning to remove the Missouri mud off of it from 12 years ago.

Als 1972 Jackpiner.jpg
Alan Buehner

Dale Fisher

Five years ago today, I met this nice young person from Ohio who likes and races motorcycles and wanted a Penton.  So.... I guess this is what "did I do to my Penton" in the past.  The sale of the bike was the first of many great experiences both in person and at the track to follow.
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Every project needs to start somewhere.  I can't remember exactly where the '72 frame was acquired.  The seat I am going to use came off another Penton.  It was not original, and I never liked the overstuffed look.  More to follow as spring and warmer weather are around the corner.  Hoping to have it ready and a rider found before VMD 2023.
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Fred Deagostino

Today I took the cover off of V416 where it sits parked in the heated 'mud room' and stared at it. It's been two years since I took it out for it's once a year run/leg stretch. Now I don't remember the fuel mix!  In the past I'd mixed a five gallon batch with Golden Sprectro Syn/Pet blend but it's a waste to mix that much for me. I do have 6 oz. of that left, but could I use my Stihl Prem. (50:1) oil and just do a gallon or two of fresh ea. yr. in the future? I have Got to get out this yrs. and limber it up, it's been sitting to long without being ridden. 'Not good. Thanks,  Fred
V416 OneMoreTime

Dale Fisher

I pulled Doug's bike out to make the trip to the AMA Museum this Saturday April, 29th.
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Rob Hugo

The Jackpiner I rode as a kid has is badly in need of a rebuild. It came with this aftermarket tank that has gotten badly discolored and I have not been able to get it white again. Even though it is not stock, as far as I am concerned it is the tank that belongs with this bike for now and want to make it work.

PXL_20230525_181812049.jpg

I hear that painting plastic tanks is problematic and painting is not really my thing anyway, so tried wrapping it in vinyl. I am very pleased with how close the blue is to the stock tank color. It should match the side covers and air box just fine.

PXL_20230611_141404243.jpg

It needed to be done in three panels because the vinyl does not like all the sharp curves. Hopefully, the white top will go well with a new set of Preston Petty fenders! Here it is sitting on its frame.

PXL_20230611_142837942.jpg

Rob Hugo
Tumwater, WA

73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner

slvrbrdfxr

I finally finished my three projects and am ready to sell them all. I'm planning to take all of them to VMD at Mid Ohio next month to sell but if you're in the market before then please let me know. The three bikes are a 75 Jackpiner, 75 250 Harescrambler and a 74.5 400 Mint. I'll be posting details on each of them in the Wanted/For Sale page sometime soon. Thanks for looking !
Dave McCullough