What Did You Do To Your PENTON Today?

Started by Dennis Jones, July 15, 2011, 01:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Sonnenschein

Fitted the engine so I can make a front pipe mount.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Gordon Brennan

Not exactly today. But this season.
I know most of you folks aren't in to Observed Trials, and it isn't as popular as Motocross or Enduros, but I enjoy it. I have a couple Vintage Trials bikes, including a Yamaha, an Ossa, a Saracen and my Penton.
This season I rode the Penton exclusively and, for what it's worth, I won the New England Trials Association's 'Vintage Class' Championship.
Year end point results were posted today and .... well, I'm pretty happy. I love my Penton, and every event I go to, it gets plenty of attention.
Thanks to all the folks from this group that helped me out finding parts and answering questions.
Gordon Brennan

DougDyar

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gordon Brennan

Not exactly today. But this season.
I know most of you folks aren't in to Observed Trials, and it isn't as popular as Motocross or Enduros, but I enjoy it. I have a couple Vintage Trials bikes, including a Yamaha, an Ossa, a Saracen and my Penton.
This season I rode the Penton exclusively and, for what it's worth, I won the New England Trials Association's 'Vintage Class' Championship.
Year end point results were posted today and .... well, I'm pretty happy. I love my Penton, and every event I go to, it gets plenty of attention.
Thanks to all the folks from this group that helped me out finding parts and answering questions.
Gordon Brennan

Gordon
I admire those who ride trials. The skill involved amazes me every time I see it demonstrated. Congrats on your championship. And that's a cool bike, too.
Doug

72 Penton 175 Jackpiner
92 Suzuki DR350
72 Honda CT70
71 Honda CT70H
70 Honda CT70H
73 Penton 175 Jackpiner
74 Honda CT70

Dennis Jones

CONGRATULATIONS Gordon :D[^]:D

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dale Sonnenschein

I've worked a few nights on this lately, It's starting to look like something now

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Dale Fisher

Not quite ready to come up from the basement to the living room as the official 4th winter project.  Fitted the rear fender, tailight, and chain guard to the steel tanker.  Took the gas tank out of protective storage for the photograph :D

Dale Fisher
POG Membership
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

DKWRACER

Hard to describe, or put into words, what emotions we feel when a project is started. To assemble every piece, and find the time to do it, the end result? Worth every penny! Price of admission (free)
There is something "special" about a Penton............
http://www.dkwracer.com/savethree/
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Kurt Adams

I made sure all the gas was out of the carb and tank so I don't discover bubbled paint in the spring.  

I also found a picture I took of mine a while ago.

Now I need to find a 125 and a 175 to do.  Winter is a little boring not having a bike to work on!

'73 Berkshire 100
\\\'73 Berkshire 100

Dale Sonnenschein

I thought I would revive this thread. I got the front end on and the swingarm.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

rob w

Kurt, That gorgeous Berkshire of yours (3 posts up) , is truly a thing of beauty. Love that.
Bob

rob w

Progress update from my Nov 2nd post on page 6 of this topic.

It's a "rider".

tofriedel

Hey Rob,

Beautiful restoration on the Penton.  What are those 2 bikes you have on the back bench?  They look interesting.

Tony

Tony

rob w

Hi Tony, Thank you. I'm also doing 3 Monarks. One for show, and two for go.

Bob W

Steve Minor

Baub...I have two questions:

Why is it your project bikes are tire less?
At what point in the build do you mount a tire to the rim?

Just curious.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor