Dane Leimbach

Started by Kelly Bland, October 08, 2011, 10:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

I know I have posted this picture before, but it perfectly sums up who Dane is. Its at the '08 ISDT Reunion Ride, he cheered me the whole race and he didnt really know me from Adam.

The whole weekend he was helping people he had never met before with bike issues, all without them ever having to ask.

Brian
Brian

Kelly Bland

I would like to thank all of you for your support, kind words, and prayers. I will keep all of you updated. Thank you.

ALB

Kelly,

The first time that I met Dane was in the spring of 1997 at the farm house. The purpose of my meeting him was to obtain his ISDT medals, to have them framed up for a display that I was putting together for Mid-Ohio. When I got there, he had 2 cartons of ISDT memorabilia on the back picnic table. After showing me what was in each box from all of the ISDT events that he was at, he went into the barn and brought out a home made wooden box with a glass top. Inside it were his ISDT and qualifier medals. I thought it kind of strange that he kept them in the barn but at least he took the time to put them in his own "show case". He unselfishly allowed me (a complete stranger) to take those medals home with me and I had my sister professionally mount and frame them. I hope that they will always be prominently displayed in a family home.

Dane is also a charter member of the Penton Owners Group. When we were working on trying to put together the first newsletter, Dane volunteered to help out by writing an article about himself for the first "member profile".

As the years have gone by, I have gotten to know Dane through the POG monthly meetings and some of the events that the POG has been involved with. He is a quiet kind of guy who jumps right in to help out with getting things done when help is needed, without having to be asked.

Seeing Dane's condition deteriorating the past couple of years has been hard for me to witness. I am grateful to him for sticking it out and attending the POG functions for he is truly one of the POG family.

Dane and his family are in my prayers.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

brian kirby

I know I have posted this picture before, but it perfectly sums up who Dane is. Its at the '08 ISDT Reunion Ride, he cheered me the whole race and he didnt really know me from Adam.

The whole weekend he was helping people he had never met before with bike issues, all without them ever having to ask.

Brian
Brian

Kelly Bland

I would like to thank all of you for your support, kind words, and prayers. I will keep all of you updated. Thank you.

Paul Danik

This is a very rough time for Dane and his family, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Paul

Dwight Rudder

I just wish I could express myself to Dane and how much his friendship and inspiration has meant to me over the years.

Lew Mayer

I'll keep them in  my prayers.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

Dane has crossed the finish for another gold.

God Speed Dane

thrownchain

paul a. busick

Good bye my friend.  See you down Old Dusty.
Amherst Paul

Dwight Rudder

Godspeed my friend. Say hello to Teddy for me. I will miss you.

Tflores

Godspeed my friend[V].

Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
07 KTM 300XC
Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
77 Penton MC5 250
12 KTM 300XCW
76 Honda XR75
73 Honda CB750K3

hankthecrank

See ya soon Dane. However I will miss you in the interim. Kelly, we are praying for you and your family.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

scott brogan

[V]mit Gott gehen mein Freund