4th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, January 19, 2012, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRidgePathfinder

Here's a link to the flier for our 4th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

http://tinyurl.com/75kh9rv

I hope you will all make plans to join us.

Happy trails,

Al "Lumberjack" Roof

fastwillie8568

Plannning on racing there this year, the course was great last year.

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by fastwillie8568

Plannning on racing there this year, the course was great last year.

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed it last year's event.  This year will be even better.

We'll be praying for another gorgeous weekend under Carolina Blue skies.

See you soon.

Lumberjack

Gene Saunders

Thanks Al!!  I love a over 6 mile track!!! Track of the year!!

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gene Saunders

Thanks Al!!  I love a over 6 mile track!!! Track of the year!!

Thanks Gene!

We heard that from a lot of folks.  I wish it were official, then I would put that on our flier.

What do you think of Steaks and old motorcycle movies on Saturday night?

Lumberjack

Gene Saunders

Steaks and old motorcycle movies, WOW!! How about a few dancing girls too!!

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gene Saunders

Steaks and old motorcycle movies, WOW!! How about a few dancing girls too!!

Sorry, You have to bring you own. :-)

Al

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by BlueRidgePathfinder

Here's a link to the flier for our 4th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

http://tinyurl.com/75kh9rv

I hope you will all make plans to join us.

Happy trails,

Al "Lumberjack" Roof

I understand some of you are unable to view the flier at the link I posted, or having a difficult time reading the small print in the photo image, so here are all of the details in plane text.

4th Annual Carolina White Lightning Cross Country Classic

March 17 & 18

Rounds 2 & 3 of the AHRMA/Penton Owners Group National Cross Country Championship Series

To Benefit The Armenia United Methodist Church

The well-marked course is over six miles in length, offering tight technical trails through young loblolly pines groves interspersed with mature stands of hardwoods, multiple elevation changes, creek crossings, scenic rock outcrops, three open field grass tracks, and open woods trail.

Steak Dinner & Movies Saturday Night Steak, cooked to order, with baked potato,garden salad and tea.$12 Each

Country Ham Breakfast Sunday Morning  Eggs (Scrambled or Over Medium), Grits, Country Ham, Biscuits and Sawmill Gravy. $5 Each

Schedule—Sat—CC—Sign up: 7-9 am. All riders meeting—9:15 am. All riders sighting Lap—9:30 am. Vintage/All Novice Race— 10 am. Post Vintage Race— 12:30 pm.

Schedule—Sun—CC—Sign up: 7-8 am. All riders meeting—8:15 am. All riders sighting Lap—8:30 am. Vintage/All Novice Race—9 am. Post Vintage Race— 11:30 am.

Event staging area is located at 2363 Armenia Rd., Chester, SC 29706, which is located 8 miles Northwest of Chester, SC.
GPS Coordinates are:  N 34° 45' 18.4"   W 81° 18' 45.0"

From Columbia, SC:  Take I-77 North toward Charlotte.  Take exit 55 toward Chester.  Merge onto S C 97 North / Great Falls Rd.  Continue to follow SC 97 North for 12.7 miles.  Turn left onto S Carolina 121 South / SC 72 Bypass West / SC 9 North / US-321 North / US-321 Bypass and go 2.6 miles.  Turn left onto US-321 North / Pinckney St and go 0.3 mile.  Take slight left onto SC 9 North / Pinckney Rd and go 5.7 miles.  Take sharp right onto West Chester School Rd /State Rd 29 and go 1.1 miles.  Staging area will be in field on the left.

From Charlotte, NC:  Take I-77 / US-21 South toward Columbia.  Take exit 82A-82B to merge onto US-21 South / Cherry Rd toward Rock Hill.  Continue to follow Cherry Rd for 5.6 miles.  Continue onto SC 322 West / McConnells Hwy and go 11.3 miles.  Turn left onto US-321 South and go 4.9 miles.  Turn right onto Armenia Rd / State Rd 29 and go 5.7 miles.  Staging area will be in field on the right.

From Greenville, SC:  Take I-85 North toward Charlotte.  Take exit 72 for US-176 toward I-585 / Spartanburg / Inman.  Slight right onto US-176 East / N Pine St. and continue to follow US-176 East for 18.4 miles.  Turn left onto Cedar Grove Rd / State Rd S-44-19 and go 0.6 miles.  Turn right onto SC 9 South / Spartanburg Hwy and continue to follow SC 9 South for 27.1 miles.  Take slight left onto West Chester School Rd / State Rd 29 and continue to follow State Rd 29 for 1.1 miles.  Staging area will be in field on the left.

Free primitive camping at the event staging area with Porta-Johns and well water on site.

Gate Fee of $20.00 Per Person For The Weekend charged to all who enter the event site.  Refund of $10.00 per person will be issued if you leave Saturday.  Gate opens at Noon on Friday and 6:00 AM on Saturday & Sunday.  Gate closes at 8:00 PM on Friday & Saturday nights.

Event information:  Contact Al Roof at (704) 860-3075, or by e-mail at [email protected], or call Greg Holder at (864) 320-9796.

Camping, Location & Meal Information:  Contact Marvin Grant at (803) 385-8402, or by e-mail  at [email protected]

BlueRidgePathfinder

A larger, clearer, easy to read copy of our event flier is now available on the AHRMA website at:

http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2012/Forms/12_CC_Carolina_White_Lightning_flyer.pdf

Again, I hope you all will make plans to joins us for a fun event to benefit a good cause.

Happy trails,

Al "Lumberjack" Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

Folks,

If you would like a visual preview of our upcoming 4th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic you can visit the website of award winning sports photographer Tony Powers (Radical Sports Photography) and see his photos for last year's event at:

http://www.rsp.exposuremanager.com/g/next_event_ahrma_carolinas_white_lightning_cross_country_0319-2011_

Prayers are issued forth and unceasing for moderate temperatures and Carolina Blue skies like we had last year.

Happy trails,

Al Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

I just got word from Greg Holder that 4-time National Enduro Champion Terry Cunningham will be joining us to compete at our event.

By the way, if you do not yet have a copy of our event flier, go to:

http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2012/Forms/12_CC_Carolina_White_Lightning_flyer.pdf

I hope to see you all there.

Happy trails,

Al Roof

Lew Mayer

Another guy to be lapped by. Probably 2 or 3 times. [:0]
Those Six-Day guys are awesome.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

brian kirby

TC is still unreal fast. At the '10 Tennessee Qualifier, Historic Open and PV 50+ were grouped together so I was in his moto. Being the optimist that I am, I said, "Oh sure, he's a multi-time National Enduro champ, multi-time ISDT/E Trophy Team member, but I'll see how long I can hang onto him anyway." Well...it was about 10 seconds...maybe. Here is the video, I had a bad spot on the gate, TC was on the inside, but it wasnt going to make any difference anyway, 3-4 turns in and he is streaking off into the distance.

https://vimeo.com/album/1228967/video/15244028

Brian
Brian

Gene Saunders

I will send my money in this week. It's got to be in by March 2nd!!!

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

I just got word from Greg Holder that 4-time National Enduro Champion Terry Cunningham will be joining us to compete at our event.

By the way, if you do not yet have a copy of our event flier, go to:

I hope to see you all there.

Happy trails,

Al Roof