Al Born has passed

Started by chicagojerry, May 08, 2012, 11:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

So sorry to hear this, Al was a great guy and friend.
Rod G

Mike Rosso

Godspeed Al...what a great person, always and I mean always he could get a smile out of you.

Dwight Rudder

Damn, This is a shock. Al was a great guy that I considered a friend. I will miss him and his joking around. Godspeed Al.

Dwight

hankthecrank

Al Born was my friend. There will never be another like Al. We will be praying for his family. Hank and Elaine Rinehart

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

conrad2

Although I only knew Al for only a short few years I loved seeing him at POG events and talking to him about the old days in WV.
The world lost a wonderful person.
"Almost heaven , West Virginia" Let's hope that John Denver was wrong and it is more than "almost" for our friend Al.

Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library
Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library

Jack Penton

Al Born was a great friend to the whole Penton family and Penton Group. I am honored and blessed to have spent my whole life around Al. A gentleman, funny and fun, caring and sincere a good Christian and a good man. We will miss you Al but you will be in our hearts each day!

To Al's family our deepest condolences.

Jack and Gigi Penton

Mick Milakovic

I was never a champion  back in the day, but Al made me feel like one in these latter days.  See you on Heaven's starting line, my friend.

Mick
Mick

Bob Bean

Sorry to hear this.

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1970 125 Six Day
1973 100 Berkshire
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Penton 250 Harescrambler
1976 Husky 250CR
1981 Husky 250CR
1982 Husky 250CR
1983 Honda CR480
1985 Husky 400WRX
1985 Husky 400WR
1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

Mike OReilly

At the recent POG meeting at the Packard Museum I had the opportunity to visit with Al and reminisce about another of his great passions: The Ford Motor Company. I always enjoyed hearing about his time there, and this year we had a great talk about some of the exciting changes coming at Ford. I am grateful to have had an opportunity for what turned out to be a final visit with a remarkable individual who was so closely connected with the genesis of the Penton motorcycle.
My sincere condolences to his family and to all of the Penton family with whom he was so close.
Mike

tomale

I am shocked, As I read each and every post, I found myself with nothing more to say.  Of course the Born family is in my prayers and all those who called him friend, you are in my prayers as well.  Al rest in peace, well done a faithful servant.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

[email protected]

I just found this out from a email Jeff DeBell had sent.I too am deeply saddened to hear this news. I thought of Al as a friend and truly enjoyed his company when I was able to visit with him. From Patti and I and the entire Hodaka family to Al's family our deepest condolences.
I will always smile when I think of Al.
Sincerely
Paul

hanksie

Godspeed Al,and our Prayers to the family,  Bill&Michelle

Dale Fisher

Al always greeted me with a smile and his cheerful disposition.  Even a couple of hot evenings sleeping in the trailer at VMD didn't seem to phase him.  I enjoyed the relatively short time spent with him while involved with the club and will miss him.  My condolences to the family for our loss.

Dale Fisher
POG Memberships
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
73 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Randy Kirkbride

Very sad news. Al was a friend to everyone. He was a great guy.

Tflores

What a shock,deeply saddened to here this.  Condolences to Al's family

Godspeed Al

Sincerely
Tom

Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
07 KTM 300XC
Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250