John Penton Film Project Relaunched!

Started by mxfiles, November 16, 2012, 10:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

Great news.  Thanks to all who made it happen!

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Paul Danik

That is awesome news...:D

You know reaching the $ 150,000 goal sure is impressive, but to me seeing that 480 folks came together to pledge their support of the John Penton documentry film speaks volumes of the love and support that each pledger has for the Penton family, motorcycle, and of course for John Penton. And all well earned I must say:)

Job well done to all.

Paul

mxfiles

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dale Fisher

:D:D:D:D:D $153,000 and climbing Yes!  Wait till Todd wakes up :D:D:D:D:D

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

1970 Six-Day 125
1971 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's)
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Berkshire 100
And some silly other bikes...

Dale,

This is better than wakin' up by having se-....errr....my bad...Sorry!

WE'RE THERE!!!!!

What a nice surprise this morning and thanks to everyone who pledged and spread the word! I thought I would include "the graph" for everyone for posterity sakes!

Big thanks to Alpinestars and the the Mazzarolo Family for putting us over the top! And of course Acerbis joined KTM USA this week for a unified support from the industry!

Though we are doing a little happy dance over in "Cali" right now, we'll be hard at it to make sure the next 3+ days are productive with building on this momentum.

Remember, all this campaign was to get the movie shot or "in the can" as they say in the biz. We'll still have needs for "post-production" which is months of editing, graphics, music, mixing, archive handling, etc. Soooo...every little bit helps.

I know of some big chunks still to come in.

But for now, let's relax a minute enjoy that we will begin working on this FOR SURE and keep plugging!

Hey maybe we should set a new goal for 500 backers! or how bout 750?

:)

Thanks again Poggers!

Todd

mxfiles

mxfiles

Hi All!

Success! Thanks to all the Poggers and the rest of the 562 backers of the film project! We look forward to getting started and meeting some of you guys.

As we get into this we'll posting occasionally on updates and news.

I would like to put out there that we will be needing all kinds of Penton photos, (old), home movies, vhs copies of home movies, race coverage, articles, stories, ads, etc, etc. as we get into this. Please, as you find things, put them in a place that when we might need stuff they are easily accessible.

You guys can't fathom how much archival materials will need for this movie. Hundreds of photographs...hundreds.

Thank you so much again and we will stay in touch!

Best,

Todd

Al Martin

How do the folks who are just now hearing of this project donate. Can that be done through Kickstarter or is there some other way of taking donations.

mxfiles

Quotequote:Originally posted by Al Martin

How do the folks who are just now hearing of this project donate. Can that be done through Kickstarter or is there some other way of taking donations.

Al,

Good morning! We have had several requests for people who still want to contribute and we'll be setting up a method for those who want to contribute and receive the same rewards as the Kickstarter backers. The Kickstarter process is a limited time thing by design and we can't go back through there.

We'll keep ya posted.

For now, you can send a check made out to:

Pipeline Digital Media
406 E. Commonwealth Ave. Unit 1
Fullerton, CA 92832

Attn: John Penton Story

Include "John Penton Story" in your reference area of your check.

We will keep track of you and others to send the rewards to based on your check amount,

Thank you for your support.

Best,

Todd