A engine wiseco piston P/N

Started by Fred Deagostino, February 12, 2013, 11:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fosterboy

Hi I got a set of instructions in a Sachs-Penton piston kit. It says to mount the piston put the cylinder on and scribe a line on either side of the bridge of the exhaust port on the piston. Drill a .040" hole through the piston in the center of the two scribe lines 7mm underneath the lower edge of rectangular ring grind the edges. Piston clearance  .04 to .045 mm max allowable clearance .06mm to .065mm. Piston ring clearance .1524mm to .2032mm max clearance .4572mm. Ed

72 Monark - project    
76 Hercules 175 - project
possible Penton-Hiro project
72 Monark - project    
76 Hercules 175 - project
possible Penton-Hiro project

harrO

I should have mentioned my instructions were for the wiseco piston, 1st oversize-red box- and for the 125 Sachs. Harry

JP Morgen

There is no bridge on a Sachs exhaust port, so...no need to drill holes for oiling. As far as pistons are concerned, I went a bit over the top and used a 88/89 Honda piston, with a Yamaha RD 400 connecting rod. Needed the extra rod length to make up for the shorter Honda piston, quite a bit of work, but the bike vibrated a LOT less, and was very  fast. The modern Wiseco reproduction pistons Al has been getting are light as well, that would be my pick.

Fred Deagostino

Wow! Thank's everybody!  As far as I know no one's making 1251-5A Sachs engines anymore so I'm trying to get this one right for the next 40+ yrs. V416 says to say thank you too! :D  Cheers...,  Fred

postscript:  Correct, there is no bridge in the old iron cyl. butch head Sachs.

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime