Penton Jerseys

Started by rcrump1, July 23, 2002, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

Hi all!
I purchased one in about 69 or 70 (I think) and it was a white long sleeve T with the Penton logo and crest in Penton green, white and black.
Don't know if that's any help or just making matters worse!
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Larry Perkins

I said gold but I am not good with colors.  My guy says it is yellow.  It is the color on the Metro jersies.  Does that sound right?

bigdanracer

Hi. Do,s Metro make a blend jersey, one that is a little more durable than the 100% cotton jersey and  hot weather breathable ? .
Thanks, Dan

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 49, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

tmc3c

The jersey I had in the 70's was made of some kind of "shiney" close weaved material,like some sort of nylon. And was lettered in a school bus yellow on a 6-day green.Does anybody know who placed the first order in the 70's and where they were bought?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Rob

I just found my old Penton jersey.  It is long sleeve, yellow, with the Penton family crest on the front and on the back, in big letters, Penton built for champions.  In the center of that, it says Penton Sport Motorcycles, built for champions with two checkered flags in the background.  There is also a small family crest directly in the center of the back.  The label says it is made by the Velva Sheen Company.  Mine is size large and it looks like a medium.  I do not think I could get back into it.  I do not think I wore it when I rode my Penton. I think I paid a lot for the shirt back in 1972/1973 and was afraid to wear it.  That is why it is in beautiful condition.  I also had HI-point boots but sold them back in the 1970's.

Rob

I just found my old Penton jersey.  It is long sleeve, yellow, with the Penton family crest on the front and on the back, in big letters, Penton built for champions.  In the center of that, it says Penton Sport Motorcycles, built for champions with two checkered flags in the background.  There is also a small family crest directly in the center of the back.  The label says it is made by the Velva Sheen Company.  Mine is size large and it looks like a medium.  I do not think I could get back into it.  I do not think I wore it when I rode my Penton. I think I paid a lot for the shirt back in 1972/1973 and was afraid to wear it.  That is why it is in beautiful condition.  I also had HI-point boots but sold them back in the 1970's.

Rob

bigdanracer

Hi Its been a while since the last posting.
Does anyone know what the statis is of this project.
Thanks, Dan

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 49, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

Larry Perkins

The blank jersies are in but my guys machine is broken.  It was just shipped back to the manufacturer for repairs.  Hopefully not too long but we are not first in line when it comes back.  My guess is by Thanksgiving at the worst but we hope before.  I would really like them by ISDTR and that is still possible.

AndyL

Larry,
So what is the verdict on the jersey's?  These would make great (late) xmas presents.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Jeff D

I have a white sweatshirt with green Penton logo on front and "built for champions" on the back.  I also recall the green ones with yellow (not gold) lettering.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

tomale

I would love to have a Green Penton Jersey with the crest on the back with "built for chanpions"
Let me know too when that happens.
Happy trails, thom

Thom Green,I bought and raced my 76 250 MC5 in 76'and 77' but I am just now getting back into riding again.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

powderpuff

I am very interested in getting one of the "old" jerseys!  Please post soon with details; who/where to call.
Thanks!

Kate
Kate

Mike Penton

Have we printed these shirts yet?  I would buy a few.

powderpuff

I am very interested in getting one of the "old" jerseys!  Please post soon with details; who/where to call.
Thanks!

Kate
Kate