8th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, November 10, 2015, 07:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRidgePathfinder

Mark your calendar.  It will be here before you know it.

BlueRidgePathfinder

Although we still have to pin down pricing on the Saturday evening steak dinner and the Sunday morning breakfast, both of which also benefit the Church, here are the preliminary details.

The well-marked course is about six miles in length, offering tight technical trails through young loblolly pines groves interspersed with mature stands of hardwoods, multiple elevation changes, creek crossings, scenic rock outcrops, several open field grass tracks, and open woods trail.

Registration, tech inspection, and camping are located at 2363 Armenia Rd., Chester, SC 29706, which is located 8 miles Northwest of Chester, SC.

GPS Coordinates are:  N 34° 45' 18.4"   W 81° 18' 45.0"

Free primitive camping with Porta-Johns and well water on site.  No hookups or power.

Gate Fee of $20.00 Per Person For The Weekend charged to all who enter the event site.  Refund of $10.00 per person will be issued if you leave Saturday.  All proceeds benefit the Armenia United Methodist Church of Chester County, South Carolina.

Event information:  Call Greg Holder at (864) 320-9796   Contact Al Roof by e-mail at [email protected]

Camping, Location & Meal Information:  Contact Marvin Grant at (803) 385-8402, or by e-mail at [email protected]

Area lodging & accommodations:   http://www.oldeenglishdistrict.com

skiracer

So.... who's going?

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS: FOR SALE
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

dennis brown

my son and i will be there, it is a great event

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Lew Mayer

Al, have it warm by then, please.:)
Had my fill of snow already.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

fastwillie8568

I will be there trying out my 1974 250, I hope it is warmer then Ohio.
W13

BlueRidgePathfinder

Greg, Marvin and I were working on the course today Lew, and it was gorgeous.  Clear Blue sky and 60 degrees.

Lots of new trail and more flowing grass track sections are the order of the day.

Y'all come!

Quotequote:Originally posted by Lew Mayer

Al, have it warm by then, please.:)
Had my fill of snow already.

Lew Mayer

BlueRidgePathfinder

Great Dennis!  We are looking forward to it.

Safe travels my friend.

Quotequote:Originally posted by dennis brown

my son and i will be there, it is a great event

dennis l.brown

BlueRidgePathfinder

Cool beans!

If you decide you don't like your 250 you are more than welcome to leave it with me.  I'd be glad to give it a good home.

Quotequote:Originally posted by fastwillie8568

I will be there trying out my 1974 250, I hope it is warmer then Ohio.
W13

Mick Milakovic

I'm going to try and come.  Vintage bike will either  be a Harescrambler or Jackpiner, PV bike will be the harescrambler or a 390 Husky.

Mick
Mick

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mick Milakovic

I'm going to try and come.  Vintage bike will either  be a Harescrambler or Jackpiner, PV bike will be the harescrambler or a 390 Husky.

Mick

Great Mick!

We'll be looking forward to having you.

Al

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

We have had quite a few request for directions to Marvin Grant's farm, site of race.

Well.....it's complicated.  

As is the case with many a great race, especially a Hare Scramble, Cross Country or Enduro, we are out in the boonies, and there are many fun and scenic ways to get there.

The best thing I can do for you is state that Google maps finds it accurately by the address, and tell you that MOST GPS navigation units find it using the GPS coordinates, although some take you a mile or so away.  Go figure.  The reasons for which are far above my pay grade.

So here's the pastoral beauty that Marvin and Jackie Grant call home:

2363 Armenia Rd., Chester, SC 29706.

GPS Coordinates are:  

N 34° 45' 18.4"   W 81° 18' 45.0"

If you get lost give Marvin a call at (803) 385-8402 and he can talk you in.  Keep in mind he is a retired superintendent from the Charleston ship yards, so be prepared to listen up, get it right the first time, man up, and take on the adventure.  :)

BlueRidgePathfinder

Yesterday Marvin Grant, Greg Holder. Bill Schaefer, Bobby Richardson, Randy Richardson. Stacey Wakefield, Owen Wakefield, Elijah and I had a very productive day clearing trail, laying out and taping the grass track sections.  

Now if Greg and I just have to stay ahead of the Deer and the wind in keeping the course tape tightened and repaired.

We will be going back down Tuesday to add a bunch of arrow, Dangers and Wrong Ways, as well as ribbon and banners to block cut-throughs.

[/URL][/img]

BlueRidgePathfinder

I founded The Blue Ridge Pathfinders Motorcycle Club twenty-five years ago, and served as president for over twenty of those.

It's more than a little gratifying to see the Club's third generation riding.

Here is Club Secretary/Treasurer Stacey Wakefield with son Owen who helped us lay out, stake and ribbon the grass track sections yesterday.