POG 50th. Anniversary event Amherst, Ohio

Started by Paul Danik, November 05, 2017, 10:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel P. McEntee

Quotequote:Originally posted by ALB

OK everyone, since there is a growing interest in these, I will start getting them reproduced.  :)

The process for obtaining a set of these is as follows:
Send a check or money order in the amount of $30.00, made payable to: The Penton Owners Group

Mail the payment to:
Alan Buehner
5818 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44102

Alan Buehner

Hello Al;
    I bought a 4 disc set from an eBay seller several years ago, titled "At Home with John Penton and has 2007 and 2008 copyright dates on them. Is this the set you are referring to? I haven't watched them in a long time so don't really remember what all is on them.
   Thanks a lot,
   Dan McEntee

ALB

Dan,

The 4 disc "at home with John Penton" is a different video that was filmed and put together by Ted and Reb Guthrie.
A few people spent a Day with John as he walked around his property sharing stories and pointing things out as Ted and Reb captured everything with their camera.
I don't remember all the details of that video, however, I am sure that Al Born and Doug Wilford are part of it.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Daniel P. McEntee

Hi Al;
  Thanks for the reply. Put me on the list for a set of what you are reproducing then. Just didn't want to have duplicates!.
   Thanks a lot,
   Dan McEntee

Paul Danik

Greetings,

In the newly created addition to the John Penton Story which is explained in a separate thread,
 http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17976,
there is a nice segment that tells of the beginnings of the Penton Sportcycle.

Although many of you already know the story, what makes this telling of the story so special is that it is told by folks who were a part of it, and tell of their personal experiences and involvement. It was very, very special to see Doug Wilford in this newly created segment, along with a number of photos that I know I have never seen before and possibly they will be new to you as well.

The trip with the then newly created Penton to the Stone Mountain National Enduro, which is part of what the March event is celebrating, is also detailed. What perfect timing for the release of this additional footage..:D

Al Born rode V-003 in the Stone Mountain event and John Born is planning to have it on display for us to see. John provided me with a copy of the results of the event which shows that Al Born won his class with a score of 919, we plan on having an enlarged copy of these results on display as well. John said he will have his father's trophy from that event also displayed...    Thank You John Born for all of your efforts.

Penton V-001 which is the machine that John Penton rode in the Stone Mountain event will also be on display, courtesy of Dale Barris.  

If you have anything you wish to display please do not hesitate to bring it along for all to see. You never know, your item just might be the piece that helps to fill in a blank in the telling of the story of the Penton Sportcycle.

Paul

ALB

I have received sever phone calls from people who cannot decide whether to attend this event because of long distance driving and concerns over not being able to bring their bikes because they will be flying in.

My response has been do not be concerned about not being able to bring bikes or memorabilia to show. JUST BE THERE IF YOU CAN. This may be the last chance opportunity to experience this type of event. If it is too far to drive and you can afford to fly in and rent a car, then do so. I have talked to a couple of people who will be flying in on Friday and leaving on Sunday afternoon.

The agenda is still being worked out. So far, the plan is to set up on Saturday morning, POG meeting late morning, catered lunch, an afternoon activity, and movie in the evening with pizza. Sunday morning will be a breakfast with packing up of the bikes and displays.

Final details will be listed in the next POG newsletter.

Also, There are still some 40th anniversary DVD sets still available.
To order a set - make a check payable to THE PENTON OWNERS GROUP in the amount of $30 and mail to:
Alan Buehner
5818 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44102

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Scott Sappington

Thinking about flying in on Friday from Florida, any info on a motel close by? Or?Looks like Hopkins is the closest airport?
Any info you have would be helpful. Thanks, Scotty "Rat"

Rick Penno

For those of us that may not want to sleep in our trucks, is their going to be a host hotel?

Thanks Rick.

Bob Gilman

Go to Booking.com you can get all the hotels,motels and Holiday Inns in the area......

Kip Kern

What hotel is the best?  Where is everyone staying?  Thanks

Mike Schulz

Hi Kip,
I don't know which hotel is best but we are staying at the Country Inn in Elyria. Alan is bringing his MC5 and Penton Trials and I will bring a 1970 Berkshire.
Mike Schulz

Jack Penton

I am very excited to see all of you in March! For those of you asking about HOTELS IN THE AREA.

There are a number but many are very old and not recommended. Following are three that I will recommend.

All are 10 to 15 minutes from KTM. The Hampton is the newest, the Country is the lease cost and the Holiday is the closest.

Country Inn and Suites - Elyria, OH 440-324-0099 8.3 mi east

Hampton Inn and Suites - Elyria, OH 440-324-7755 9.4 mi east

Holiday Inn - Vermilion, OH 440-9678770 7.7 mi west

See you soon, Jack.

rob w

I'm so excited for this event. This one will be one for the ages. The last big shindig. Don't need no hotel, there won't be time to sleep.

Mick Milakovic

Reserved my room at the Country Inn tonight!

Mick
Mick

dennis brown

luckly I live only 60 miles away

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Scott Sappington

Reserved my room at Country Inn & Suites. Plan on flying in Friday out of Tampa Florida. Looking forward to putting faces to the names and meeting a bunch of new friends. 74 HS is not gonna make the shindig, Oh well.....some other time! Scotty "Rat" Sappington