Straight cut primary gears for a Sachs

Started by john durrill, June 02, 2003, 08:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

How many of us would be willing to buy  a set of straight cut primary gears for the 100/125 Sachs engine Pentons if we could find a supplier?
 Its a 1.2 hp gain and no loss in reliabilty
John D.

rcrump1

John;
I recall that you looked into this about a year ago and couldn't find a supplier. At that time it seemed like there was a good bit of interest. Depending upon the cost, I might be interested in a set.
Richard

john durrill

Yes we did but i was looking for gears that were already made.
 this time we are researching someone to build them. Dosent look like we will find and NOS gears like that.
The cost will depend on how may folks would be willing to buy a set. I know i would spring for a set unless the are  very expensive.
John & Peter

desmond197

I will buy about 5 to 6 sets. I have been wanting to make this mod for some time on my Sachs engine bikes. Thanks

swamp fox

John,
It sounds like something that would be worth trying if its not cost prohibitive.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

john durrill

Ok  guys,
 I should have the fax # for an former MZ enginer today. He has done straight cuts for Martijn for 50 cc bikes and uses a Czech company to do the manufacturing. Looks like this will be a go unless they are very expensive. How many would like them if we can get a reasonable price?
John D.

imported_n/a

John, I would be interested in two sets, unless the price is to the moon.

Thanks.  Glenn

Paul Danik

John,
I would also be interested in several sets. Thanks

tlanders

RICHARD MORGAN

I would also be interested in a set, if the price is right.

imported_n/a

John, do you contemplate that the layshaft wheel will have a needle bearing and not the bushing that is stock?  I just re-read your article on the needle bearing on a stock gear and I thought I would ask the question.

Glenn

Kip Kern

You may check with Mike Mefford, ILL, at one time I think he had a set and knew quite a bit about the gears.

john durrill

Glen
 it would have the hole for a stock bushing unless we requested them to supply a bushing with the gear sets. i would stick with the bushing. its a strong and  a proven design, but you could source any type of bearing that would fit and use it. The Bushing was used in the 175/6 and the military 180 cc Sachs.I'm not sure which article your  talking about though, could you give me a short cut to it?
John

Larry Perkins

Mark Annan

John,

If you need any info about my set of straight gears, or need them for an example, let me know.  If the new gears are not terribly expensive I would be interested in some.  I'd need to know a price before I commit though.

Mark