ISDT trivia

Started by Paul Danik, September 22, 2003, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Question #9 The gentleman selling Cycle News was from Mississippi and made the trip to the 1973 Six Day.  He was at most MX Nationals East of the Mississippi River.  I really thought this would be easy.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

LynnCamp

I don't think anyone answered these...
#7 What was Dane Leimbach's number? -- 20
#8 What was Doug Wilford's number? -- 67
and I will throw in Paul Danik -- 81 for bonus points.....

I

firstturn

Great job Lynn.  Dane's number was 20.  Doug's number isn't correct.  I don't really want to give it away, but when someone does figures it out it would have been the number I would have thought would have been very best number to have.  Thanks Lynn

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

3putt

answer to #8--Doug # was 73.  I remember it from last month cover photo, and recall it was the 1973 event.    3putt

wnm

scott brogan

Man I can't wait to get to Pittsfield. When all these guys get together the stories are gonna be flyin .  Paul you sure know how to things heated up!!

firstturn

3put is correct.  I thought having the #73 in 1973 was neat.
What brand of bike did Ron Lamastus ride in 1973?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Ron
He rode a rokon!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

johnm01880

Slightly off-topic, but good trivia and very relevant re: 73 ISDT and upcoming reunion ride:

Question 12: In Dalton, Massachusetts, there's a product produced for the US government. It's the only place in the world that makes this product. Name the product and the company that makes it. Hint: it's also connected to Al Eames.

John Leone

LynnCamp

Ron:  Interesting thing -- I got the information regarding Doug's number from the //www.isdt.org website as follows:

at: http://rokonron.50megs.com/isdt/1973.html
"125cc class:  71 total riders
17th  Joe Barker(34)  Penton  Gold
20th  Stellan Tingstrom (75) Monark  Gold
21st  Doug Wilford (67) Penton  Gold
23rd  Paul Danik (81) Penton Gold
30th  Tom Penton(57)  Penton  Silver
54th  Jim Hollander (98) Penton  Retired
57th  Les Grable(107)  Dalesman  Retired"

Does someone need to let them know the correct number?

firstturn

JohnMO- Great question and the only reason I know the answer is that someone just told me before you put the question on the board.  So I won't answer it and let some one else have the fun.  Lynn on Doug's number I would let the Godfather(Doug) correct it unless he directs one of us to do the job.  You know he is in that delegating managerial type thing - look what he did for USA at the 1973 ISDT.  Thanks for the great site Lynn.   And Yes Ron Lamastus was on a Rokon(with a Sachs engine).  If you ever owned one of these you wouldn't want challenge Mr. Lamastus to a weight lifting contest.  Thanks Donny for the correct answer - again.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

One of the ISDT/E vets would have the most correct answer, but I think every year numbers were assigned to the riders. Depending on what class you were in, you could have a one or two digit number but in other classes you could have a three digit number. So unless the question was specific to one year, there could be many answers to the number question.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Paul Danik

#1 Yes, it was Doug Wilford's mom and dad. Doug's dad, Wally Wilford , worked for Penton Imports.  Any  NOS Hi-point/Penton parts that you have or buy that are in a shrink wrap package were probably packaged by Wally.  He was a really neat guy.
#2 Al Eames was known as Mr. ISDT. Al is deceased but his wife and son should be at the ISDT reunion.

Paul Danik

#4  Where did Mr. Penton store some of the first Penton's that arrived here from the factory?

#5  What famous actor was one of the first USA ISDT riders?

#6 What USA ISDT rider was a motorcycle patrol officer in the Bert Reynold's movie Hooper?

Mike OReilly

Question 5: Steve McQueen?
Question 6: Bud Ekins? A good friend of McQueens. He got McQueen more involved in serious motorcycle racing. If you check the credits for a whole bunch of movies you'll see him listed as a "stunt guy" (most notably, of course, "The Great Escape") You may also see Lane Leavitt and maybe Debbie Evans, observed trials riders who later did a lot of stunt work. If its an old movie, by the way, look for J.N. Roberts!

firstturn

#4  The Barn on the Farm?
#6  Dave Mungenast in Hooper?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh