Randy,
Your bike is a 125?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Randy Kirkbride

metalkfab

jj

Mine is 41179794

It has a way to go too, but when I found it badly rusted around the opening to the high breather, I started working on something that I could get painted sooner since cold weather was just around the corner. Has anyone else seen rust in this area? It looks like the original owner tried to seal every possible opening to the air box. I guess he missed a spot and what got in could not get out.

John J Slivka
John J Slivka

firstturn

John Slivka,
Your size bike is what?
Thanks,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

jj

Mine is also a D motor 125. It has MX tank, but also has headlight ears, so I'm not sure of it's original form. What's puzzling is that it came from Texas and shows no sign of rust anywhere else. The Airbox does have a ridge around the top like the '72's.

John J Slivka
John J Slivka

firstturn

John,
I live in Texas and have seen this before in the area described.  It normally happens when water or just moisture stands in this area and eventually just rusts away the metal.  The top of the air box will be similar without the holes for the scoop as on the '72 models.  What part of Texas did you bike come from if you don't mind me asking.  Thanks for the info.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dennis Jones

Curiosity got the best of me on this bike.We all know the story "Yeah it ran when I parked it 20 years ago." With a little W-D in the cylinder it turned over and had compression. Pulling the ignition cover showed no chain damage and the crank bearings felt good. Pull the plug and check for spark, looked fair. The only sign of a carb was the flat slide of a lectron hanging from the cable. My other 125 had a Mikuni that fit right in the rubber mount of the D cylinder. After a lot of kicking it finally started and somewhat cleared out. The headlight was even burning :D I really wanted to ride it, but with the stuck clutch and frayed cables decided not to risk it. I can't wait to finish up a couple of small projects and start on this
one.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Paul Danik

Ron,
   When I bought the poster on ebay it was already out of the magazine.  I have looked closely on the poster for a date but there isn't one. Randy is going to try to duplicate it, we will let you know how is works out.
Paul

firstturn

Paul,
As always, thanks for your input and keen eye to spot this neat poster.
Randy,
Let me know how much and I need to get with I also need to purchase some of your other items.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

jj

Ron,

The bike was sent to me from Lubbock.

John J Slivka
John J Slivka

firstturn

Thanks JJ.  Just curious.  I have a lot of old racing friends in west and the panhandle.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Randy Kirkbride

I talked to the printer about the poster last night & cost for duplicating it, in color, in the same size ( 17" X 22" )will be $26.00 each.  Sounds a little steep, but I want one for myself.  Anyone else interested?  Let me know & I'll order them all at once.

Dennis Jones

Randy I would like to have one.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Tommy_V

Dennis,

Great find, nothing ever follows me home, I always have to go find it and then pay exorbitant (sp?) shipping to get it to me.  Call me, I'd love to come see it.  I've got a couple projects in my shop since we talked last too.

Tom
Tommy