Tank Decals

Started by Swampy, January 25, 2004, 10:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampy

I'm looking for tank and side cover decals for my '76 KTM MC5. Anyone have any leads for me? I found a guy in Toronto willing to make some for me, but if someone already has a supplier, I'm game for that!
I wanna get this bike finished!

Thanks,

Swampy
You ain\\\'t ridin\\\' if the wheel\\\'s ain\\\'t turnin\\\'

tmc3c

Try AL Buehner. Suppliers page.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

BrianTaylor

Swampy are you in Canada ?? If you are you might want to get a hold of Helmut Clasen in Dundas Ont he should be able to help you out ... Brian T in Windsor Ont.

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

tanz

I believe Skip Miller has them, Jake Fischer may also. Check the supplers page for there contact info.
Steve
10 Beta 520 RR
77 GS6 400
73 Hare Scrambler 250
72 Six Days 125-Sold
71 Cat 350X

tomale

Swampy,
Al B has the Penton decals for that year but does not have the ones that Say KTM on them. The black line that runs down the top of the tank is not available from him either. If someone know were to get that let me know. Finding time in the middle of the day to call all these shops is pretty tough.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Swampy

Gotta tell ya, this is a toughie! Ordered the Penton tank decals from Al, I figure that's a good place to start as a template for me to find someone to make the KTM version. No one has the side panel decals, guess I'll have to carefully remove them and have them made somewhere as well. Heck, I even Googled and Yahhoo'd it and came up with squat. It's easier to find hard parts than graphics!

I've done all the recommendations in the three prior posts.

Anyone have any more leads?

Swampy

Swampy

Brian,

I'm in the States, Florida actually. Can you hook me up with a number or email of this Helmut guy?

Thanks...

Swampy

Quotequote:Originally posted by BrianTaylor

Swampy are you in Canada ?? If you are you might want to get a hold of Helmut Clasen in Dundas Ont he should be able to help you out ... Brian T in Windsor Ont.

Brian Taylor

LynnCamp

Swampy - Here is the contact info for the KTM dealer/ISDT rider "Speedy" Helmut....   Check out his website for an amazing history of ISDT racing that stretched from 1964 to 1994 -- not to mention winning the Canadian National Championship 14 times -- winning the last one at the age of 65!  Just think of what he could have done if he had ridden a Penton instead of those Ossa/Jawa/Whatevers.....  At least he finally saw the light and started riding KTM.

Clasen Motors
Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H4Y3  Dundas, Ontario  
tel 905.627.5349
fax 905.627.9557
email [email protected]
web http://speedy_c.tripod.com

Paul Danik

I was informed today that Helmut "Speedy" Clasen is coming to the Penton Day At The AMA meeting.
Paul

LynnCamp

All right Paul............ this AMA meeting is getting better and better.... Helmut is a real inspiration for us "aging" riders and is a lot of fun to talk to/listen to  .... I was sorry that I didn't get a chance to howdy him at the ISDTRR.  It looks like I am going to have to make the trek ...

Paul Danik

Somehow I knew that information would spike your interest!!:D  Mike O'Reilly told me that " Sir Speedy" was going to make the trip down with Larry Bastedo.  I was on Speedy's website the other day and he sure has done a lot and STILL is doing a lot. As you said he is quite an inspiration.

Swampy

I emailed Helmut but no respose as of yet. Stricking out all over for tank decals. I did buy a set of Penton decals from Al, got them today. Looks like I'll have to have some made special...

Swampy

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by LynnCamp

Swampy - Here is the contact info for the KTM dealer/ISDT rider "Speedy" Helmut....   Check out his website for an amazing history of ISDT racing that stretched from 1964 to 1994 -- not to mention winning the Canadian National Championship 14 times -- winning the last one at the age of 65!  Just think of what he could have done if he had ridden a Penton instead of those Ossa/Jawa/Whatevers.....  At least he finally saw the light and started riding KTM.

Clasen Motors
Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H4Y3  Dundas, Ontario  
tel 905.627.5349
fax 905.627.9557
email [email protected]

Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by LynnCamp

Clasen Motors
Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H4Y3  Dundas, Ontario  
tel 905.627.5349
fax 905.627.9557
email [email protected]

Lynn Baby,.....I love you,......Speedy--->>>>>>

Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Swampy

I emailed Helmut but no respose as of yet. Stricking out all over for tank decals. I did buy a set of Penton decals from Al, got them today. Looks like I'll have to have some made special...

Swampy

Swampy boy(man???)I may have missed your request(e-mail)somehow.
Swampy????Does that mean you are the one with EVERGLADE swim skin between his toes??????
Here in Canada I think they call them BIGFOOT????
Anyway.It has to do with decals?
As long as somebody has 1 set of originals,we can have them duplicated professional by computer.We did that for our Hercules Sachs tank decals.Cheers Speedy------->>>>>>
:):D;)[}:)][8)]

Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349