Mid-Ohio

Started by tmc3c, January 26, 2004, 03:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

I am trying to come up with the plan to come this year and I want to ask a few question's : Do most people tent camp? Is there a city close by with hotels? Is there a race all four days for our Penton's? Is the swap meet all four also? If you could come two days which would they be? Please forgive the stupid questions it's just a long trip from S.C.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Randy Kirkbride

Thomas,
If you send me an email I can send you a copy of the schedule for the three day event.

tmc3c

Thank's Randy ! [email protected]

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Rocket

Thomas
I always camp on the grounds.  They have nice showers, water is always warm if not hot.  I bring a pit bike to get from the campgrounds to the swap meet area, it's a big place.  There are 100's camping and always somebody to tell lies to.  Spend a lot of time at the POG tent putting faces to the names that you deal with and talk to on the computer.  Campfires, a little beer drinking and talking motorcycles.  How could it get any better?  You can't believe the swap meet,nearly impossible to cover the whole thing is a day. I've been going since 2000 and been back every year. I hate to wish my life away, but I wish it was July!!
CU there
Rocket

swamp fox

Thomas,
With my vacation to St. Louis last year, my wife said she wasn't spending that much time in a car again. Fly or nothing. Man, I'm gonna miss her that week! I am definately going to try this year. As it gets closer, I hope to finalize plans. ROAD TRIP !!!!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Paul Danik

Rocket,
   How about we go to the AMA meeting a day early and camp, maybe we can start a new trend.:D Down yonder by the creek is a nice level area to camp and have a little inferno.   John Penton and Al Born are going to give us a little history lesson at the meeting.  They are going to speak about when the first 10 production bikes were air shipped into Cleveland and they took those bikes and rode the Stone Mountain enduro and The Alligator enduro, promoted and raced a hare-scrambles at Daytona, and put on the first Penton display at the Daytona Armory.  Ought to be mighty interesting!!!  
Paul

Rocket

Paul
Sounds great to me.
For the people going to the POG meeting at the Museum Feb 7th, what motels are you staying at?  I figure on getting to Columbus late Friday afternoon.  
Rod

Dwight Rudder

Thomas, Usually a group of Vinduro and Penton Owners Group members camp just inside the campground against the fence on left. You are welcome to join us.
Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

tmc3c

Thank You Guy's for all the info ! I am now planning it all out like Robert"Bobby" Manucy ! I would like to bring my bike, but do ya'll think I should come with or without the first year? I dont have a "pit bike" other than a mountian bike. This outing sure sound's like a blast! So all of ya'll are setting up camp on Friday?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Thomas,
I don't know if they all  allow bicycles - seriously.  Someone else may have the past rules.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

swamp fox

TC,
Looks like if we make it, we'll get in some of that exercise that we need so desperately!:D

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tmc3c

But it is so hard to walk and carry a cooler! Bobby E-mail me my msn decided I didn't need my contact list anymore! Do you have the sch. for the event? if not I can e-mail it back to ya.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Kip Kern

VMD doesn't allow bicycles.  You can go together and rent a golf cart, or if you are a vendor, you receive "pit bike" passes with your site (buy some off of Al, he should have extras if you ask him nicely).  Don't get caught riding a pit bike in the swapmeet area without a valid VMD pitbike pass, also, you must have an valid operators license to operate it. If caught, security, will ask you to leave Mid Ohio.:(

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:  So all of ya'll are setting up camp on Friday?                 Thomas Carmichael

Many of us will arrive Thursday afternoon to help with setup.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Mark Annan

PLEASE someone record/video this history lesson and save it for posterity (aka those of us that can't make the trip).

Mark