HOW MANY

Started by Rain Man, March 01, 2004, 06:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Don,
   Thanks for the info.  I am looking forward to setting up a bike that is legal and cruising around the back roads on occasion. I like to explore old back roads and what better way to go than on a Penton!
Wouldn't it be neat to have a Penton backroad ride.

Paul

bkinnon

I have a few that are running, some for restoration.
1-'72 Jackpiner-bought it new.
3-'73 Jackpiners
1-'72 Six Day
1-'74 250 MX
1-'97 KTM Jackpiner LE

Also from Maine. There are several of us on here now.
Bill
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

firstturn

Don,
  Thanks for your update on legallity of our Pentons.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mike Lenz

late 68 125 [with the help of kip]
72 175 [wifes]

73 100 [kids]{with a KTM bottom end}
73 250 [future flat tracker?]
74 250 [older kids racer]
74 250 [will be show bike]
74 400 [practice bike]
75 400 [my racer]
76 125 [soon]{the kid is growing fast}
77 250 [show bike]
77 400 [my pv racer]
78 250 [older kids pv racer]
78 400 [show bike]
80 420 [pv racer if I feel the need for more speed]
87 500 [to be a show bike]
97 200 [Jackpiner I ride a little]
98 250 [kids modern bike]

Is this excessive??

Swampy

All these Pentons and no one wants to sell a Jackpiner?

Swampy
You ain\\\'t ridin\\\' if the wheel\\\'s ain\\\'t turnin\\\'

Rain Man

Paul, you'd have a hard time riding on the front roads up here in Maine, the frost heaves are so deep that trucks have disappeared in them.  The pot holes will knock the lights and accesories off, so you won't need those either. extra 12's what you need on your bikes to be road worthy!!
Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tlanders

'71 Six Day steel tank
'73 Hare Scrambler
'74 Piner
'74 Piner
'74 Mint 400
'75 Six Day
'78 250 MC5
'80 400 MC80
'01 200 EXC KTM

Eight Pentons and one KTM in all. I'm calling the MC5 and MC80 Pentons because I painted the frames Penton silver!!!

Teddy

Rain Man

Hi Mike, To answer your question   naa, thats not excessive, I think you got the right attitude!!  can I come over and ride sometime?
Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

pentonpal

Rainman,

I've got 5 Penton motorcycles, and 1 parts bike.

1 72 Berkshire
1 72 Six Days
2 73 Six Days
1 74 Hare Scrambler.

Scott in Texas

LynnCamp

I have zip. (still waiting for my husband to catch the bug so he can restore a couple for us).

But given Mike's list, I'm thinking that he could adopt me and put me on his kid's list. (p.s. -- I will take a hand-me-down)

john durrill

Lynn,
 i have a good lead on a 72 125 six-days that looks to be all their and a rider. would you like me to forward a picture of the bike?
JOhn D.

firstturn

Lynn,
  John Durrill brings up a good point.  What is you "Dream Penton" by year and model.  As always thanks for your great input to the POG.
  Now if I can find that HIRO engine I stored several years ago - you know I put it where it would be safe.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

imported_n/a

Ron,

It is rumored that Jake Fischer has an NOS Hiro.  You'd probably have to open up your home equity line of credit to shake it loose.

Glenn

LynnCamp

John,
Feel free to send me a picture.  I hate to be practical, but I realize that I have no time and little talent to do maintenance, so Jim would have to willing to take on the job.  He does a great job with my modern bike -- I just show up and ride.  Jim was very impressed with the bikes and the people at the Penton Annual Meeting -- so it won't be long.....[:p]

Ron, Bob, Glen...
I don't want to bring this off-topic, but I would like to know more about this HIRO you are talking about.  A short explanation here... or new topic...

metalkfab

A quick search of the forum yields Jake Fischer selling a Hiro engine for $2500 a couple of years ago. Looks like Won C. better find that Gold!