Preston Petty Stuff

Started by Chakka, March 24, 2004, 08:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

I have been looking for replacement Preston Petty stuff, Rear Enduro Fender in white and Headlight in yellow. Even on Ebay they are getting scarce! Does anybody know what happened to the original molds? It seems like an instant winner based on the amount of vintage restoration going on. Ok I have harassed you all enough for tonight. Thanks for the help.

Chris

[email protected]

:)
Hello Chris,
Paul Danik just emailed me and suggested that I respond to this posting. I have started the proccess of remanufacturing some of the Preston Petty products. At this time the mold has been built for the Headlight number plate assy and also the enduro tailight lense. I will have them posted on my Strictly Hodaka site very soon. I hope to have the fenders done at some point also but right now tooling for the fenders is in the tens of thousands of dollars. I believe that Al Buehner is already aware of this so we hope that these parts will be available to everyone soon at affordable prices. At the start we will be just making the white headlight number plate assy's which will include the clear plastic cover to protect the bulb. I do not have a source yet for the bulbs but this is also being looked into at this time. So the headlight numberplate assy will not include the bulb. We also will eventually be doing the different color assy's also. We are shooting for a retail price of $ 79.95 but this may go up or down as we progress and demand warrents. The Enduro taillight lense will be aprox. $ 25.95 each also. These are an exact copy from the originals right down to the logo. When I recieved the 1st samples I actually thought the manufacture had sent me the new originals that I had supplied to be copied back to me by mistake. I could not tell the difference.Thank you to the POG for the space.
Paul
Strictly Hodaka

Rain Man

I'll take 3 of everything, and I betcha they'll be many others that will take 3 of everything. The last Gray Preston Petty Fender 4 moto cross went for 123 bucks on the evil bay, 3 months ago, or merry christmas.ya, I'm watching
Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Chakka

Yep, I'll take a few also. Thanks Paul for the input and let me know when they are availible so I can place an order.

Chris

[email protected]

:)Thank you Chris and Ray for your input ! I should have 10 Headlight numberplate assy's in white and 10 of the red enduro tailights in about 10 days or so. We are going to start out slow and as things move along probably have to biuld extra molds to keep up. I would be glad to put a post here to let everyone know when they are available. Thank you to Paul Danik for putting me onto this group. What a great friend he is ! Also thank you to the Penton Owners Group for the space. If I was not into Hodaka's it would be Penton's for sure.
Sincerely
Paul

Mick Milakovic

Thanks for all the work, Paul!  Will the old Petty front "Mudders" with the small side wings be reproduced?  Those were my personal favorite from back in the day.  I've even got one on a '78 XL Honda I'm calling my "Pentonda" project!

Mick

tlanders

Paul,

Are you also building the whole rear fender in white or just the lense for the  light? I could use a couple Preston Petty Mudder fenders in white. Good to see you on the POG site.

Teddy

[email protected]

Hello Mick and Teddy,
Mick the fenders that I think you mean with the "wings" are what I call the Tont D style Petty fenders. Teddy the MX and the IT rears are all at some point going to be done. I have been wanting to do these for some time now as I have talked to Paul Danik about. The fenders though being a larger mold may take me a year to get to but that is where I hope to end up. As with the Hodaka reproduction parts we have learned to pace ourselves. If the fenders come out nearly as good as the Headlight number plate and the enduro taillight lense then we are in great shape. I have still quite a few Hodaka items to finish before we go full steam into the Petty products but I am blessed to have some of the best reproduction people as friends and allies. Teddy I look forward to riding with you again soon I hope. Thank you guys very much for your interest this helps me to believe that I am on the right track !
Sincerely
Paul

OUCWBOY

Paul,
If they are not all spoken for, I'd love to have one or two of the headlight number plates.
Thanks

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

[email protected]

Donny thank you for your interest. I am not pre-selling any of them so nothing is spoken for. I will post here 1st on the POG site when they arrive so you guys will be the the first to know.I am glad that we may be able to help even the Penton guys out now !! Thank you to everyone that has responded to my post and thank you again for the space on the POG site. I may post some photos today on the Strictly Hodaka site so you guys can see what they look like.
Thank you
Paul

OUCWBOY

Paul,
Thank you for all your trouble and efforts on this project. We all thank you.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Chakka

Yep, I'll take a few also. Thanks Paul for the input and let me know when they are availible so I can place an order.

Chris

[email protected]

:)Thank you Chris and Ray for your input ! I should have 10 Headlight numberplate assy's in white and 10 of the red enduro tailights in about 10 days or so. We are going to start out slow and as things move along probably have to biuld extra molds to keep up. I would be glad to put a post here to let everyone know when they are available. Thank you to Paul Danik for putting me onto this group. What a great friend he is ! Also thank you to the Penton Owners Group for the space. If I was not into Hodaka's it would be Penton's for sure.
Sincerely
Paul

Mick Milakovic

Thanks for all the work, Paul!  Will the old Petty front "Mudders" with the small side wings be reproduced?  Those were my personal favorite from back in the day.  I've even got one on a '78 XL Honda I'm calling my "Pentonda" project!

Mick

tlanders

Paul,

Are you also building the whole rear fender in white or just the lense for the  light? I could use a couple Preston Petty Mudder fenders in white. Good to see you on the POG site.

Teddy