Home Page Photo Quiz - September 2004

Started by Admin, September 15, 2004, 06:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Thanks to everyone for the incredible input on last months quiz and I hope some new history was learned by all.  This months quiz is a little different.  So start off by naming the rider, brand of bike, size of bike and name anyone else in the picture.  Next you may try naming the event and year and location.  O. Sherriff (as named by Rob W)  is interested in any and all input on this picture.  Now there are a few of you who already know this information so let some of the new POG people have a chance.

http://www.pentonusa.org/archive/homepage/index_110104.html

Good luck and have fun.
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Okay I guess I am one of the few but I can't help but play a bit a give clues.  Spank my hand if it is my bad.  The bike is related to Hockey.  The rider is a great engine builder.  The guy gassing is a World Champion MXer that was really mean on the track and a wildman in the bars.  The size?  Not an open class bike for sure.

Larry

OUCWBOY

The guy with the tie looks like LBJ. I didn't know he was a dirt bike fan!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tmc3c

I know ,I know it is a Puke, I mean Puch,say maybe a 125.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Larrrrry,
  The Sherriff is taking names[:o)], but I must say with a little boyish nod I like your post[}:)].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

TGTech

The guy holding the gas can on the left, owns a Belgian truck stop and unless I miss my guess, he also lives upstairs. I heard he can party pretty hard too.

The rider is pretty good with a calculator too.

Dane

rcrump1

Alright, here goes. Rider is Doug Wilford, bike is a 175 Puch, event is 74 ISDT in Italy. Looks like Joel Robert checking the bike.
Close?
Richard

firstturn

rcrump1,
  You got the bike right.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

If that is you Doug I[^] am sorry for calling it a puke,it is just what I used to call them back in the 70's when I raced against them.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

hrbay

GC

Larry Perkins

Ron

Richard got more than the bike right I think.  By the way have you worn your cool shirt yet?

Larry

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Admin

Thanks to everyone for the incredible input on last months quiz and I hope some new history was learned by all.  This months quiz is a little different.  So start off by naming the rider, brand of bike, size of bike and name anyone else in the picture.  Next you may try naming the event and year and location.  O. Sherriff (as named by Rob W)  is interested in any and all input on this picture.  Now there are a few of you who already know this information so let some of the new POG people have a chance.

http://www.pentonusa.org

Good luck and have fun.
Ron Carbaugh

I think it could not be DOUG becvause he could not pay J.R.to fill his tank.And that rider looks to YOUNG to be Doug.Maybe John Penton?????BMW with PUCHtank.JOHN could pay J.R.????He would have the money.J.R.is not realy puring gas,he is holding the rider steady.Right???????/Speedy----------->>>>>>>>;)[}:)][B)]

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

firstturn

As always I appreciate having Speedy set the record straight.  The rider is in fact Doug Wilford.  O.Sherriff

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Richard, A+

Sorry, that was out of my jurisdiction. Keep the peace O.

firstturn

The event was the ISDT in Italy in 1974.  What POG members won metals at that event and what town hosted the event?
O.Sherriff

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh