Home Page Photo Quiz - November 2004

Started by Admin, November 01, 2004, 07:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Please name the rider, brand and size of bike and what race or what year you think this race took place.

http://www.pentonusa.org/archive/homepage/index_121504.html
Good luck and as usual, have fun,
Sherriff Ron Carbaugh

Tony Price

Tony

G Ellis

Bike is a 1973 1/2 250cc Carle Cranke is the rider.

Big Mac

G Ellis- Like your preciseness... what suggests the 1/2 of the 1973 1/2 model, out of curiosity? Do those shocks look like the popular early 70s aftermarket brand engineered in CA by a guy, first name Charlie?
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

firstturn

As in Curnutts........................O.Sherriff

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

G Ellis

Yes shocks, Expansion chamber has a removable chome heat shield. Expansion chamber has two port outlet muffler. Motor finished in black. Green number plate. Am I getting close?:D

firstturn

Somewhat close somewhat far:D.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

G Ellis

Is it a 73 1/2 Ithink it could be a two day in the west.

rob w

Well, since you mentioned something about your "original '73 Harescrambler" in a topic over on the "for sale" side. I would have to say that, Ron "Deputy of the Desert" Carbaugh is his name....dodging cactus is his game. :D

Thanks for another cool photo, and good topic.

Bob

firstturn

OK,
  So far Robs comment on a original 1973 250 is correct and George it is a two day out west.  Still there are special things about the bike and the rest of the questions.  Rob I like your deductive skills and George you are relentless.  Keep trying and I will guarrntee when this one is finished there will be some neat History come out.
O.Sherriff

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

G Ellis

The bike has a one of a kind water holder.:D:DBy the way my first name is Gary not George.:(The year 1975. It has a different front rim than stock.

firstturn

Gary............Sorry,
  The Sherrif will inflict his own punishment.  Probably two hours of reading Keeping Track.  Is that good enough?
1.  The water holder may be more of clue than you think.
2.  Year is not 1975.  Rim I am not sure without studing the picture closer............I will.

You are hanging in there.  You may be close to qualifing for the Rob W Award for never giving up.

O.S.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

G Ellis

Is the tank held down by a strap? I thought this kind of tank didn't need a strap.

G Ellis

Motor strut is missing, whats up with that? Thought these were needed.

firstturn

Gary,
  I would like to answer, but I'm punished for two hours.  You are on to something...........but it is a reach.
O.S.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh