Home Page Photo Quiz - November 2004

Started by Admin, November 01, 2004, 07:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

If it is a "first" of something or other, I'd guess more like it was one of the first Penton 250 Hare Scrambler's to come over. At this time (June '73) even the big Penton dealers were not advertising that the "New 250" was available. Although I suppose there were more starting to get out to the higher-ups than you might thing.
 In this same event, Jack Penton's 250 sported a new aluminum tank, only it was the more modern design yet. The type with the high crest at the front top. Commonly seen on Knute's Pentons. I thought that seemed like quite an early time for that tank to come out.

Bob

firstturn

King Rob,
  It is/was the first 250 Penton in the USA.  I can't believe you got it.  The A J Foyt cowboy hat has to come off in honor of that answer.  NOW WHO WAS THIS VETRAN RIDER?????  I will follow up with more on the reason the bike  didn't finish as soon as the rider is identified.
O. Sherriff

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Gee....I've never been good at anything before [:I]

Thankya, thankya, Omar! :D

Brrrr'obbb

Big Mac

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

firstturn

Right Rob.  Never been good at anything.  You have raced and done very well at race tracks that people could of only dream at having raced at.
Big John(Mac).........great guess, but not correct.
O.S.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Not sure about the rider but that's the 2nd "73" 250 I have seen with aluminum fenders.  The 3rd is in my shop uncompleted but not too far from it!

rob w

O.S.

Rider in picture = Mr. John Penton

Bob.

firstturn

Brob W,
  That is a excellent guess because our race face may not equal our nice guy face before and after a race.  Since you brought up Mr. Penton's name I will say that this guy is a vetran that Mr.Penton turned to at times when he wanted a good showing.  Now that I think of it Mr. Penton had some great names to turn to for big races.

HINT:  I'm from Texas and this guy was someone close to my home.  There are pictures of him in "Keeping Track".

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

t20sl

firstturn

No Sir.  Thanks for the guess.
O.S.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

t20sl

OUCWBOY

That nose looks really familiar??? Who could that be?

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

G Ellis

Richard

firstturn

No
Yes it does.
No
No

O.Sherriff

Ron Carbaugh