New Year Challenge

Started by Paul Danik, December 31, 2004, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamp fox

SC reporting as ordered sir!

I was giving Thomas the chance to crank his up first, since he could actually ride it around the block, but I couldn't wait anymore. Since all the honey/in-law do's, I had to listen to my DW prepared power plant. Hung the aux tank on the side of the trailer and 3rd kick she was purring like she should. Nothing like fillin' up the trailer with those sweet smells.

By the way Paul, I seem to have one of those "Texas Twins" for my Berkshire.;)

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Tony Price

Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

Paul,
  I don't know for sure since I can't find the keys to my machinest chest, but I did notice that at the last reunion ride that you and I rode I was assigned the number 152........;).  I will be happy to remove the head for verification...oh err if I could just find that 10mm head wrench.  Mr Smith from Iowa knows I only run a 100.

Ron Carbaugh

You mean to say that a Berkshire could be anything other than 100cc?  Who'd a thunk it! [8D]

Yep, 100cc, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I think my head bolts are siezed up from setting too long........

The names have been changed to protect not so innocent.

Agent Smith
Tony

Don Roth

Omar,
January 1st, 9:30 am, 2005, turn on the gas, hold down that tickler,
yep, here comes the gas, back carefully into driveway, kick once,
kick twice,bringgggggggnggnnggggg, nice MzB, way to work!
Anyway, down into the back yard,  moved a little mud and disturbed
at least two deer, ah its gonna be a good year.
-don

Dennis Jones

Missouri also thanks Ron for the heat, 65 today. One week ago 15" of snow and below zero. After reading the challenge I went to the garage and picked out the trialer. 1 - because it was already dirty, 2 - I was reasonably sure it would start, and 3 - because after 15" of melted snow anything else would have plowed some huge ruts. Fired off on the 2nd kick and had a nice 30 minute plonk. Happy New Year

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

Thanxs Dennis, but send it over to Arizona it is cold here in Prescott, but wait I think there is a hot Penton trail just up towards Cottondale or Sadona the guy isn't sure but will let me know in the morning.
Tomorrow is my (our) 10th Wedding Anniversary and if my Wife finds out I am tracking another Berkshire on Monday I am dead.  So Dennis if I call you and tell you I have found a bike for YOU just play along.  I would ask Paul or Doug but they won't tell a white lie for me when my Bride is involved[:p].
More on this story as it unfolds.  I hope everyone has had a great New Years Weekend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

The other Washington, Cold but beutiful. yesterday I could see the olympic mountains of in the distance. well over 100 miles away. I was so clear that I even got a picture of them with my mini camcorder. Sunday 4:30 pm temps dropping but still clear. pullled the 400 out and checked to see if I had gas... yep and so did the bike. I left the petcocks on hmmm would it start? tickled it and kicked it once, twice three times nothing, not even a pop, repeated the process. still nothing, Maybe it was flooded. it had not smelled that way. pulled the littl allen head bolt on the bottom of crank. dry... that is good. tickled again, made sure that I got a good flow of fuel. three more kicks, a pop now we are getting some where. tickled again, it ran for a few seconds, tickle once more and on the second kick it fired and ran. Checked the time, 4:50, temp.. a very cool 32 degrees and the last of the sun light is fading into the sunset over the mountains in the west. What a great way to spend the last few minutes of a great weekend.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Lew Mayer

Keep talkin',Ron, the weather's stayin' nice and warm.:D

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

OK, today I fired up my Penton 125 ISDT machine, now Mars has officially checked in for 05.  If it wasn't so muddy and the bike so clean I just might have taken a little ride.

Ron, you are doing a great job with the warm air, but can you shut off the sprinkler system[8D]

Soggy Martian

rob w

Paul, I've been challenged for years now hoping to get some of these bikes fired up. Okay, I'm done buying bikes and parts, I'm going to take the next 363 days to put em' together and get em' running. So I won't win this years challenge in my state, there's always next year.

That reminds me of a New Years party I was at long ago. It was in the country, the owner of the place said to his visiting out-of-town friends, "lets go out and shoot these shotguns at mid-night", well these guys had plenty to drink, they never handled a gun much before, and it was pitch black outside. I went out to see just as they started to fire them off. Boom!,boom!,boom!,boom!,boom!.......they stopped.....Then I said to them, "do you know your shooting at your own parked cars". Ooops [:0]:D ,too much.

Well, gotta get after them bikes. Happy 2005, "The Year of the Jackpiner", and a great year I expect it to be!!!
Thanks,
Bob

Paul Danik

Rob,
    NOT BUYING ANY MORE BIKES OR PARTS!!! Are you quitting cold turkey or have you slowly weaned yourself for your additiction [8D] or should I say our common additction.  Good luck with your projects in the next 363 days, I sometimes think I won't be finished for about 365 years!:D  

Ron,
    How many cc's is a stock 100 in Texas[}:)]

Paul

firstturn

Paul,
  I don't know for sure since I can't find the keys to my machinest chest, but I did notice that at the last reunion ride that you and I rode I was assigned the number 152........;).  I will be happy to remove the head for verification...oh err if I could just find that 10mm head wrench.  Mr Smith from Iowa knows I only run a 100.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

Texas math: 152=100 :D
Rocket

swamp fox

SC reporting as ordered sir!

I was giving Thomas the chance to crank his up first, since he could actually ride it around the block, but I couldn't wait anymore. Since all the honey/in-law do's, I had to listen to my DW prepared power plant. Hung the aux tank on the side of the trailer and 3rd kick she was purring like she should. Nothing like fillin' up the trailer with those sweet smells.

By the way Paul, I seem to have one of those "Texas Twins" for my Berkshire.;)

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Tony Price

Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

Paul,

Ron Carbaugh

You mean to say that a Berkshire could be anything other than 100cc?  Who'd a thunk it! [8D]

Yep, 100cc, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I think my head bolts are siezed up from setting too long........

The names have been changed to protect not so innocent.

Agent Smith
Tony

Don Roth

Omar,
January 1st, 9:30 am, 2005, turn on the gas, hold down that tickler,
yep, here comes the gas, back carefully into driveway, kick once,
kick twice,bringgggggggnggnnggggg, nice MzB, way to work!
Anyway, down into the back yard,  moved a little mud and disturbed
at least two deer, ah its gonna be a good year.
-don