New Year Challenge

Started by Paul Danik, December 31, 2004, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

Missouri also thanks Ron for the heat, 65 today. One week ago 15" of snow and below zero. After reading the challenge I went to the garage and picked out the trialer. 1 - because it was already dirty, 2 - I was reasonably sure it would start, and 3 - because after 15" of melted snow anything else would have plowed some huge ruts. Fired off on the 2nd kick and had a nice 30 minute plonk. Happy New Year

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

Thanxs Dennis, but send it over to Arizona it is cold here in Prescott, but wait I think there is a hot Penton trail just up towards Cottondale or Sadona the guy isn't sure but will let me know in the morning.
Tomorrow is my (our) 10th Wedding Anniversary and if my Wife finds out I am tracking another Berkshire on Monday I am dead.  So Dennis if I call you and tell you I have found a bike for YOU just play along.  I would ask Paul or Doug but they won't tell a white lie for me when my Bride is involved[:p].
More on this story as it unfolds.  I hope everyone has had a great New Years Weekend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

The other Washington, Cold but beutiful. yesterday I could see the olympic mountains of in the distance. well over 100 miles away. I was so clear that I even got a picture of them with my mini camcorder. Sunday 4:30 pm temps dropping but still clear. pullled the 400 out and checked to see if I had gas... yep and so did the bike. I left the petcocks on hmmm would it start? tickled it and kicked it once, twice three times nothing, not even a pop, repeated the process. still nothing, Maybe it was flooded. it had not smelled that way. pulled the littl allen head bolt on the bottom of crank. dry... that is good. tickled again, made sure that I got a good flow of fuel. three more kicks, a pop now we are getting some where. tickled again, it ran for a few seconds, tickle once more and on the second kick it fired and ran. Checked the time, 4:50, temp.. a very cool 32 degrees and the last of the sun light is fading into the sunset over the mountains in the west. What a great way to spend the last few minutes of a great weekend.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Lew Mayer

Keep talkin',Ron, the weather's stayin' nice and warm.:D

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

OK, today I fired up my Penton 125 ISDT machine, now Mars has officially checked in for 05.  If it wasn't so muddy and the bike so clean I just might have taken a little ride.

Ron, you are doing a great job with the warm air, but can you shut off the sprinkler system[8D]

Soggy Martian

firstturn

Paul,
  I am in the snow and sleet in Arizona....kinda of hard to sniff out those Pentons with the air sooo cold.  I will do what I can on the rain.[8]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Ron, Don't turn off the rain. We are still 7" below the season average and could really use about 14 or 15" to get the water levels back up![8D]

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tmc3c

I just got my carb parts in from Bing yesterday and installed them all and PRESTO!! second kick it fired right up,rode it down the street and then took it in the back yard and brought it off the line and into a second gear wheelie!!!! OOOH Yeah, I hope I didn't hour out on this New Year Challenge thing !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

cubfan1968

MZ-B powered Penton fired up and running in Omaha, Nebraska :):D
The temp is 5 above

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)