March 2006 Home Page Photo

Started by Admin, March 07, 2006, 04:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Dennis Jones

Would it be one of the first 10? No fork stops, Chrome exhaust, never saw an ignition cover like that.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

TGTech

Anybody that recognizes this machine and definitely knows what/who's it is/was, please keep it to yourself. We'll let you know after people get some guesses in. Guess away everybody.

Dane

OUCWBOY

Could this be the 1st Penton Prototype?? This is just a guess based on the Chrome Pipe and ignition cover.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

slvrbrdfxr

Hi All,
Nice bike !! Looks to be a very early one for sure because of some of the stuff mentioned in the previous posts. A couple things I noticed that are different from early Pentons I've seen are the rear sprocket and the later style gas cap. Thought most of the real early bikes had a screw on type gas cap.
Dave McCullough

slvrbrdfxr

Hi again,
Forgot to mention in my earlier post that there is no chainguide/ rub block on it either. Looks like the chainguard has a place to install one but it just not there.
Dave McCullough

flattracker23

The frame looks like it is plated, not painted.

Spencer Gaydon
Lubbock, TX

1968 Penton Six-Day 125 Steel Tanker (V 774)
1968 Penton Six-Day 125 Steel Tanker (V 1194)
1972 Penton / Wassell Mudlark Trials Bike (W 397 ST)

OUCWBOY

Dave,
As I know it, the early 68's had the 4 bolt sprocket drive, like this one.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

slvrbrdfxr

Donny,
Yes, it looks to have the standard 4 bolt rear hub. I was mainly talking about the sprocket itself. Sprocket is a different style that what I've seen on the early bikes.
Dave McCullough

rpage11

The stucco wall and stone pavers look similar to last month's picture.  Could this bike be located in Italy too?  Skip
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

rfpotter

I agree with Skip, the image appears to come from the same source/location. I assume the knurled knob visable above the bar clamp is a steering dampener of some type?

Patrick Houston

thrownchain

Actually, according to my research the pipe gives it away.;)

TGTech

The pipe narrows "the trail", but it doesn't give it away.

Dane

Rain Man

late model cable adjusters ?? with a 5a motor.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

OUCWBOY

I still say it's the 1st and only prototype for the Great Penton Six Day. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR