AHRMA mx in Jefferson TX

Started by lksseven, April 01, 2006, 10:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lksseven

At the AHRMA mx race today at Jefferson, TX, Tom Benoiken (sp?) was so fast it made me dizzy!   What a thrill to watch him fly!

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

Randy Kirkbride

Larry,
I have to agree. He was so far ahead in the 4th race... His seat fell off so he stopped on the next lap to pick it up, and then finished the last lap holding the seat between his legs. There was still no-one in sight of him.  It was my first meeting with him, but I can tell he's really a super guy, too.

Larry #2,
I checked the sprocket plate when I got home and I think it is in worse shape than the one you have. Sorry

lksseven

Randy,

Thanks for checking!  I have a couple of rear wheels at the shop - I may have one in really good shape there - will check tomorrow.

I was amazed at how Tom just ran off and left everyone else ...scary fast.  And I also thought he was a really good guy.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

firstturn

It was neat to see him win the 250 class on a 125 Penton.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Tony Price

Sorry I missed everyone at Jefferson.  I made it down about 6:30 on Friday evening but only had about an hour tp dtasy.

Got to visit with Teddy and Rosemary and had a nice meal but had to head back to Dallas around 7:45.

Life and work continue to get in the way or the important things.......

Tony
Tony

firstturn

rob w,

What is what?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Hey you guys it sure was fun to finally meet a bunch of the Poggers. Thanks for all your compliments but the ultimate one goes to that Penton bunch. The 6 Days is the best handling 125 on the track. Man its fun to ride. I will get some pics up on the site (as soon as TJ shows me how)

Randy K. I cant wait to see your pics. For those thinking about Diamond Dons for next year DO IT! I dont think Dons cares if he makes a nickel. Moto like it was in the 70s.
Tom Benolkin

Randy Kirkbride

Tom,
email me your address & I'll send you some pics.

That was some awesome riding.

bentrims

Randy,
It was a fun weekend. I told my wife I had more fun meeting people at this race than any other I can remember. Thanks for any pics you collected. As I get closer to 48 I realize more than ever that the moto days could be numbered. Thanks Randy.
Tom Benolkin
[email protected]

Lew Mayer

Yeah, Tom. It really sounds like your Moto-ing days are numbered. Whuppin' up on 250's with a Six-Day?! Wish I could've been there to see that.
Ron, I think that's what Baub meant by "WHAT!"

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Lew,
  I was thinking "what" when I saw Tom lined up with the 250's.  He told me after we worked on the 125 that he was going to enter two more classes...I forgot to ask which two other classes.  It was a feat I have never seen done in my 35+ years of racing.  Win three different class and all Motos on the same bike.............I have never seen that done.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

wildman

I saw Tom come out of the pits a half-lap down, and still pass everyone and win at Gatorback last year. I heard he bent his forks flying so high. What a show! Whipping on 250s now, I'll bet lots of jaws dropped. I love it! Wildman

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

tlanders

They weren't "just" 250s, this was in the 40+ Expert class. They could ride any bike they wanted. I am sure there were some 400s out there with him. In that race he was about 7th into the first corner because of the fact he was racing against 400s, but when the first lap was over, there was Tom all alone with no one in site behind him. Awesome riding, a real inspiration. I watched him whoop up on everybody in all three of the classes he entered.

Teddy

tlanders

We need to also thank Ron Carbaugh for coming to the rescue and getting Tom's bike working the morning of the race. He made a special trip to help Tom out. Thank you Ron for your service to the POGGER community.

Teddy