New never been started 125 Penton

Started by ricky racer, July 03, 2006, 04:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricky racer

I was talking to  Johnathan Beasley the promoter of Budds Creek MX yesterday at the Red Bud National. He spotted my Penton hat I was wearing and said "nice hat". That started a conversation and he told me that he has a brand new 125 Penton, I believe he said in his office, that has never been started. He invited me out to the Moto-Cross de Nations next Sept. and told me to look him up and he would show it to me. Cool!!! If any of you New Englanders are out there for a race, I'm sure he would love to show it to you also.
Rick Young

Rain Man

Hi Ricky and welcome to the Penton Owners group website.
 The moto cross de Nations I think is gonna be @ Southwick 338 ??
 This coming September.  I heard about it through the grape vine, but hadn't seen any official dates yet.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Kevin Grimes

Guys,
 The MX des Nations will be at Budds Creek Sept.21-23, 2007
                                  Kevin

tofriedel

John has had his Penton (new) in the tower at Budds for years and it is brand new.  I can't vouch that it has never been started, but it is brand new and never been dirty.

Tony
Tony

Rain Man

Now this is all questionable, Cycle world or another publiction ?? is saying that its @ Southwick, Mass. in September of 2007.

[?][?]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lew Mayer

Tony, I did hear it fell down the stairs taking it out for the Motorcycle Show in Timonium. Ouch!

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

ricky racer

Rain Man, I got it straight from the horses mouth it will be at Budds Creek in Sept. 07. Also every publication I've read says Budds Creek. No other promoter in the U.S. wants anything to do with hosting any GP or the de Nations because the cost is so high and the American spectators seem so apathetic about it that the returns may be very low. Johnathan is doing it because it is something that he has always wanted to do. I hope he dosen't loose his shirt!!
Rick Young

TGTech

Ray,

Budd's Creek is the place.

Dane

tomale

I know what you mean, I have a hard time staying on the gas if I can not see where I am landing, I was at a race last year that there was a down hill double, some of the guys were making it... It seemed to me that it was mostly the young guys.... I never did jump that thing, The frustrating thing about it there was no easy of sort of fast way to go over it without jumping it. The lead jump threw you way into the air, and if you did not have enought speed, you would hit the landing jump and over the bars you would go.. Not my idea of fun, besides I am too big and too old for that kind of nosense.. leave them to the young guys....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

OhioTed

I've done some photography and videotaping for friends, where we set up some awesome jump shots, including once where the guys were jumping over their truck and trailer.  They reported same problem - they couldn't see thier landing zone, so it was just pin it and go for it.  All went well, although one fellow overshot the whole kaboodle completely, landing on flat ground, and he and his CR500 bounced a good six feet back up into the air on rebound.  We paced it off and found he had gone 125 feet.  Those guys are my age(old), and are crazy.  Another time, I paid too much attention to focusing through a long lens, standing on the down side of a jump, and the one fellow brushed my sleeve with his bar-end on landing.  Yikes.  We all lived to tell the story, though.

Rain Man

aww shucks, Southwick is in my front yard too :(  Thanks for clearing that up for us guys in the Northeast.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

John E

Well, you won't regret coming to Budd's Creek.
It's an awesome track--for Pros!

And you can see that beautiful Six Days!

John

thrownchain

Just as a thought, we could make this a destination and see how many Pentons we could gather together at this race. I mean we've got a year to plan and put it together. Could be alot of fun. Any takers???????[^]

DKWRACER

Mr. Raymond M. Levesque (esq)
237 Hardscrabble Rd.
Limington. Me 04049

Mr. Levesque: Sir, as you may know, Southwick is a very special place in our hearts.
As President and CEO of "Penton Aire Products", we lost our CTO Officer, Lester Aire, due to unfortunate circumstances while testing new o-rings for Ceriani fork caps. In-advertantly, Flubber was mixed in with the formulae. This condition has also effected one of our greatest test riders, Larry Perkins. We regret any mis-haps, and will strive to improve our products as necessary!
Les, was one of our best employees and will be sorely missed. If you should happen upon his remains @ Southwick..."Penton Aire Products" would be eternally gratefull...............[:p]

Respectfully,
Phoeneas "t-bone whoopee"
AKA lt
AKA dkwracer

cha-grnd, in Denver!

Thomas Brosius

Rain Man

Ya Tom, I think I "know of" the gentleman your referring to.  When he passed back a couple of years ago, many thought the show would soon dissolve.  Well 60,000 New England Motoheads would never ever let the National Motocross Races go away.
   What a spectacular start to Bike week every June up here in the NorthEast !!

2c

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons