Cold

Started by OUCWBOY, December 08, 2006, 01:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

OK, I know some of you folks that live further nort than me will say that I'm just a big baby, but it is now 12:34am here and it's a cool 18 degrees! Did I say cool? I mean I'm freezing my tail off. I haven't been in 18 degree weather since I was in New London, CT and that was 28 years ago. Guess it's gonna take me a few winters to get used to this weather. Should have waited until April to move here...... I went outside and had to put on 3 jackets, gloves and ear muffs!!!!!! and was still freezing! This is the kind of weather where you get off your Penton and hug the engine just to get warm.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Here in Sweden the weather really gone crazy. Where I live, in the middle of Sweden, December usually means frozen lakes and snow but last month we have had 40 - 50 degrees and lots of rain. As I like to drive my bikes on the frosen lakes and in the snow, (with studs), this is the worst kind of weather for me. All the Enduro and MX tracs are so wet and muddy you cant drive at this time[V]

Mats from Sweden
Mats from Sweden

KJDonovan

Donny,

I'm about 40 miles northeast of New London and just woke up to a comfortable 14 degrees here.  Which it still great for riding! As long as there isin't too much ice, I'm out there.  

keep warm!

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Mick Milakovic

Donnie, Indianapolis was a chilly 8 degrees today (without wind chill!) [:0]

Mick

Rocket

Donnie
Zero here is western Illinois this morning, that's no temperature!
Rocket

Ron

Hey Donny,
In case your wondering, its going to be (down) to the high 70's today, here in Southern California.
My daughter and son-in-law moved to Austin,TX in March this year, they're getting into the 20's also. Their both So-Cal born and raised.
RonW

Big Mac

My map shows NW Oregon at the same latitude as Green Bay, WI.

But typical winter weather now, 48 degrees and cloudy. Bike all prepped and loaded for a vintage MX tomorrow, should be a couple hundred riders show up, a few less if the predicted light rain arrives. They like the winter racing best, because when it hovers in the high 80s all summer, riding gets all sweaty and dusty, so they go to the beach instead.

Don't think I could handle the chilly climes of Arkansas.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Lloyd Boland

Donny, a warm 84 degrees here in Simi Valley, CA yesterday.  Beautiful So Cal.  Ride all year long (except for the 115 degree summers)

socalmx

As mentioned, in So Cal it is riding all year long. When it gets to around 115, we switch over to our Sea Doo, Waverider, etc.

rfpotter

Donny,
Don't worry. Having grown up in west Tennessee, about 70 miles from where you are, I can assure you that by August these cool mornings will be a fond memory. Nothing quite like a Mid-South summer.

Patrick Houston

bentrims

Donny,
I actually think about moving to Arkansas to get out of winter.

Last Wednesday I went bowhunting to the Theodore Roosevelt national grasslands in North Dakota. It was 8 degrees with a 40 mile/hr wind. The next morning it was -16...thats 16 below zero no wind chill, straight -16 below.

It was awesome! Each day my partner and I took a 4x3 mature mule deer and went home. Went home to work outside at 2 degrees yesterday!
This is why the Penton is spread out across the basement floor.

40 degree warming trend this weekend. I'm going swimming.
Tom B

Rain Man

I put in 240 screws in my Jackpiners tires today,  just getting ready for Sundays ride and  ole man winter [8D]
Its spose to be 40f on Sunday, but the ice and snow are still there.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

DKWRACER

In "spite" of the weather, would be nice to hear of projects waiting in the wings for 2007. I know that there are "some" out there, fess up. A "Penton Garage" has many stories to tell.
Sunny in Denver, so far.
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

OUCWBOY

Thank for the kind replies. I know that many of you live where it's much colder, but I remember freezing the first winter in SoCal after spending 5 years in Hawaii and it was never colder than 40 degrees that winter. Too many blood thinners or not enough antifreeze in my blood system!!!! LOL

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Lloyd Boland

The weather is deteriorating fast.  Don't know if I can take it.  The weather is getting severe out here on the west coast.  From the mid 80s the past several days to the mid 60s today, even some talk from the weather man of some possible rain tonight.  Of course, the northwest is ready to float away.  Donny, are you missing So. Cal. weather yet?