40th Anniversary Celebration

Started by Kip Kern, August 28, 2008, 03:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400pi

Kip,
  I'll be there but, without a bike.  Dave McCullough and his dad Nelson will be there as well.  Cheers.

Mike Husted

PJM

Kip,

Four of the Mickevicius brothers (Bob, Mike, Auggie, and me) will be there along with my son Ryan and his buddy Ian.

Pat
Pat Mickevicius

Paul Danik

So far we have folks coming from Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Illinois, New York, Maryland, Indiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Texas, Alabama, North Carolina, Florida, Oklahoma, New Jersey, California, Tennessee, Virginia, Louisiana, Georgia, and Kent England.

I have been away and off line for a week so my information is not up to date, possibly more states are going to be represented.

A big thanks goes out to Doug Wilford for handling the POG mailbox chores everyday, this event has generated quite a bit of mail for Doug to open, sort and deliver as needed.

Paul

Young Ted

Connie and I will be there and DAVIE will sneak into the back of the van to join in the parade.

Young Ted

454MRW

I hope that my entry fee was received in time, sent out around the 22nd, and trying to finish up a 76 MC5 250 for sale for the show and a rider for the parade. Kip, I'll be returning your KTM book there as well, Thanks for the great resource for information and neat photos! Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Paul Danik

Michael,

You are all paid and ready to go, glad you are coming.

Ted, hopefully we can find a suitable stump to park Davie on, I wonder if Mrs. P. would miss one of those apple trees in the orchard:)

The Parade of Pentons will most certainly make the Penton World Record book, so far 85 riders have signed up, that is awesome.

Paul

thrownchain

The ones I'm bringin ain't rideable. Ok if I truck 'em? I'll follow the parade?

OhioTed

Reb and I are planning to be there, with the POG video-cam, of course.  A new addition is an on-bike camera mount, with which I intend to film the parade.  I tested the setup at VMD, and captured a really cool point of view while cruising the facility.  

Note, my Six-Day is still being assembled, so I may have to draft someone who will perform bike-camera platform duties for us, in case I am bikeless.

Paul Danik

Thrownchain,

I was told to ask you just how many wheels would be on that truck :D

The answer to your question is yes, you can surely truck your machines if needed.  As a matter of fact, or should I say rumor, I have heard it told that at some events many years ago a few machines had to be "helped" to the finish line in the same manor, but like I said that is just a rumor :)

There is a lot of parking at the Penton home so if you wish to arrive by car or haul your bikes that is not a problem.  For anyone who may need a bike stand for your machine maybe we can get someone to haul them along as well.

Thanks
Paul

thrownchain

Theres 4 under the truck and there could be 4 in the truck bed. Maybe 6 in the bed. Depends on which bikes I decide to bring.  thx[8D]

Frosty

Wishing everone a great time.Sorry to say the work thing will keep me away.Hope someday to make a meeting and introduce myself.Have fun...

LeeBuff

Kip,
  My wife and I are coming and will be bring two sixty-eights, 100 MX and 125 enduro to ride in the parade.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Lee Buffenmyer

Mick Milakovic

Hi All, sorry to say my clan won't be able to make it. :( Saturday is the same day as the first round of our high school state golf tournament, and I'm the coach and Ambr is one of my top-four golfers.  Maybe we'll drive all night just to watch the parade on Sunday! [:p] Take care, have fun, and pop a wheelie for me!

Mick

Mick

hanksie

Michelle&I will be there with the Piner&72 Six-Day.  Bill Hanks

Paul Danik

I just returned home from being in Amherst today, much is already happening in preparation of the weekends activities.

The empty building that KTM is allowing us to use isn't empty anymore.  Ollie and AL Martin are hard at it putting up a very nice display of many very historic pictures that I am sure all will enjoy. We have a number of large memorabilia displays that will set up tomorrow night,but rest assured there is still plenty of well lit, dry and lockable space available for personal displays of memorabilia in the building.  We can hang items on the walls if we use tacks.  If you need a table and can bring one that will be great, we do have some on hand but to be safe try to bring your own.

The large circus tent has been set up for use as an eating / gathering / bench racing location.  There are lots of tables and chairs in the tent.

There is plenty of space for our Pentons to be displayed outside, as always machines of any condition are welcome. The display bikes can be put inside the building at night.

The KTM rigs are in place to be used to host the demo rides, event registration and POG product sales.

The location of the Sunday morning service is an old stone chapel that has been moved to the Amherst Historical Society grounds, about a 5 minute walk from KTM. I believe that Teddy Landers will be leading the service, thanks Teddy. The pancake breakfast and Penton Family Museum dedication will also take place on the Historical Society Grounds, actually it is set up like an old village, quite impressive.  Jack and I visited the "village" today to get some last minute details arranged, the Historical Society folks are really pleased to see us use the facilities and we are lucky to have the use of them.

Happy to announce that it looks like Pentons number V-001, V-002 and V-003 will once again be on display together, thanks to Dale Barris, Al Born and Dallas York, the owners of these historic machines.

Hope to see you there.
Paul