Rarest KTM

Started by ktmlifer, October 07, 2004, 12:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VICTOR MONZ

My guess, and only a guess, so please don't ####### me, but I think the Juniorcross is probably quite rare, only 2 were made, I think and I have heard 1 is in Amherst.

I'm sure the more experienced historians will correct me, should this not be true.

Victor Monz

By the way, how many of the gold/yellow Harescramblers were made?  I know at least 2, cause I have 2 of them.

tomale

Flyinhigh,
You have two very nice bikes, the red 250 is not all that rare but could be some what rare depending on which tank and Pipe it has. Personally I have not seen that many red tank 250's. The 76 MC5 125 is alot more rare. a quick look back through this thread and you will see why... Both of these bike are worth being restored.. I have a 76 mc5 250 that I bought brand new.... how could I put a price tag on that.... I had thought of restoring it to like new, even though I still ride it from time to time so it looks like it had been ridden, I choose instead to preserve it the way I rode it back when I raced it back in the day... when I was young and had more money than sense. It seemed the right thing to do so I was not only preserving the bike in a general sense but also how it was raced when it was the fastest thing on the track and I preserve the aftermarket upgrades that were in use at the time as well..
In a sense... the rarest bike is the one I own because there are so very few bikes that are still owned by their orginal owners. Not that I am special or all that smart.. I was just dumb enough or too scared to ever sell the bike and so I still own it...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

robbersroost1

Don't forget the Penton Woodsman, I think about 77 or so were made from the best looking bike on the planet,(The Penton Trials):)

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

robbersroost1

Sorry for posting a Penton here, forgot we were talking KTM[V]

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

thrownchain

The real question here may be not how many were produced, but how many survive today. How many didn't go to the dump, or scrap yard? How many are still unused in somebodies garage, basement, barn or even in a hedgerow some place. How many can we save?????? The more we lose the more valuable the ones that we rescue become. If one comes along and you can't justify picking it up, do it anyway and post here and somebody who does want it will probably procure it. Don't let any slip away.[^]

flyinhighktm

Hey all I'm thinkin about putting my two bikes up for sale!!! I will entertain offers on either or both... Bikes are a 1974 250 penton KTM I thinks its a hare scrambler complete with extra parts including an extra motor... The 2nd one is a 1976-77 MC5 125 complete bike it also has 10th anniversary  stickers on the side plates ...  I know these bikes are worth something to somebody. so  feel free to post offers I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and will check back as often as possible...  Thanks All

flyinhighktm

Hi all I'm back from vacation and do want to sell both bikes and all the parts I have. I dont know  what there worth so for that reason I dont want to put a price on them I figure that some one here, would know more value wise than me thats why i just wanted OFFERS sorry if i affend some of ya. I guess I could say I'd like a million dollars for the lot but that wouldnt be cool so If interested let me know Price is what you'd pay !!!! Thanks both bikes are in NW Arkansas..  You can e-mail me at [email protected] or call 479-677-3226

Larry Perkins

flyinghighktm, I tried to e-mail you about one of your bikes while you were gone but don't know if you got it.  Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks!
Larry P