What Did You Do To Your PENTON Today?

Started by Dennis Jones, July 15, 2011, 01:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedG

I ordered a White tank form Clarke Engineering for my flat track project. Also I am adapting a Yamaha WR450 rear wheel to it.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.143804929028297.36507.100001963717291&l=5c4962da54&type=1

ForrestTonkins

Just had a KTM dropped of at my shop that the guy thought I needed. Ran the numbers (frame starts with 901- and motor starts 9-521) and it looks to be a 1979 KTM 175 GS80 from what I can tell. The motor is all together and seems to be in good shape with great compression, the frame is clean and in great shape, the rest is in a box but looks to be all there. Should be easy to get back together and running again.

Forrest

skiracer

Well, I had the opportunity to buy a 1975 Jackpiner, along with a 1980 KTM 250 GS to restore.  The bikes have been sitting since the mid 80's, so it was the usual old gas in the tank and carb.  I decided to work on the 175 first; cleaned the carb and tank, put fresh gas in it, four kicks, and the bike started right up!  I took that as a good sign of things to come!  If it wasn't pouring out today, I was going to ride the bike around the yard.... maybe later on.....  pictures to come soon.  Jl

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Husqvarna 175GP
2002 KTM 200 EXC
2007 KTM 250 XCF
1981 KTM 250 (Project)
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

TedG

Cut and ground off all the brackets on my 400 Penton swingarm. Then adapted a 2007 Yamaha 450WR wheel to it with a rear disk. Going to be a nice flat tracker. I am hoping the tank I ordered from Clarke Mfg. is going to fit. If not I guess I am going to have to modify the frame to fit the tank.

Rain Man

I sold my 1973 Jackpiner to a real happy and lucky guy in Vermont today.
 Its been sitting for 3 years and it started 2nd kick.
 I'm just glad the new owner really appreciated it and it went to a good home.
 Now wheres Al's phone number, I need parts [8D]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Keith Meatyard

Tore down my next 73 Jackpiner for resto.  Now begins the cleaning of mud and crud (not the fun part).  This thing still has the original Metzlers on it with no cracks.  I hope to be able to get them off and salvage them for re-install.

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

Rain Man

Good luck with that Keith. You'll probably need more muscle then luck. Hopefully they'll come off easy for you.  
I'm out of work for a few weeks (sprained ankle) and got a set of ceriani 35mm forks all rebuilt yesterday, painted the front and rear PP fenders bone white, cleaned up some of the leather products, and installed the ignition coil. I got numerous parts cleaned up and ready to paint next week.  Now I'm looking at 3 sets of Akron rims for 74-75 250 scramblers and those huge boriani tires on there.
 I started this 250 project in September of 2010, and haven't touched it since.  The wheels scared me away [V]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

seanguthrie

I got to play on the 1/8 mile Saturday.  First time out and had a blast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZuNRqYeoQw

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

marsattacks

Fooled around over the weekend with my MC5 after getting a litle work by Chicago Jerry.  Thanks Jerry!  The bike is too much for me and I will prob sell in the near future.  I have had a few "moments" on it and realize I am no match for it.  Here are a few pics.  It isnt buttoned down fully just slapped together for a few pics.

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Dennis Jones

We're letting this slip to far back, surely someone is doing something with their Penton.

I've been working on an off brand project[8] but will have some Penton stuff soon.[^]

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dale Sonnenschein

I bought a 75 250 penton a few months ago and to this point I have a bare frame, cylinder bored, sent the tank to be repaired. Last night i fitted the motor so I can make a pipe mount under the tank. Lots more work to come

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

TedG

Chopped up the nasty old pipe off the 75 400 into about 10 pieces and started cleaning them up and welding them back into a down pipe for flat tracking.

ForrestTonkins

That 79 KTM 175 that was dropped off at my shop a month ago in a box is all back together now with everything but the gas tank. I am still working on repainting it. Should have the tank done next week and then it is time to ride...... It is always fun when you get a bike in a box, it's like a puzzle putting it back together and this one was missing the swingarm pivot bolt so had to have one machined, we made it out of an old Rolls Royce axle.
I would post a picture but can't seem to figure out how on this site

Forrest

Lew Mayer

Bawb, you do some cool looking work.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer