What Did You Do To Your PENTON Today?

Started by Dennis Jones, July 15, 2011, 01:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Bob, is your bike considered a "Like Design" with AHRMA and compete in the vintage class?

Mick
Mick

Dennis Jones

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by DougDyar

Rob W
Beautiful bike. Where did you get the wire bracket for the brake cable on the front number plate?
Doug

Thanks Doug,
I made the cable guide myself.
1/8" dia. wire.
If you're not up to it, I'd be happy to give/send you one.
Bob

How about a close up pic Bob?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

DougDyar

Originally posted by rob w

Quotequote:Thanks Doug,
I made the cable guide myself.
1/8" dia. wire.
If you're not up to it, I'd be happy to give/send you one.
Bob

That looks like something that I'd try to fab, and then end up with about 25 "prototypes" scattered over the workbench before finally getting one right!

No need to give me one for free. I'm willing to send you whatever you think's fair. I would like one, though. I like the idea of having the cable held tight and not moving around. I sent you an email with my address and contact info. Thx.
Doug
twosheds at dwx dot com

72 Penton 175 Jackpiner
92 Suzuki DR350
72 Honda CT70
71 Honda CT70H
70 Honda CT70H
73 Penton 175 Jackpiner
74 Honda CT70

Lloyd Boland

Bob,
Nice work.  I think I would probably use 3-4 on various vintage bikes.  Bob, are you willing to make a couple bucks on this?  Any suggestion on cost/price?  I want to give Bob first shot at this.  If not, anyone able to duplicate.  I kind of have 2 thumbs when trying to manufacture things like this.

Lloyd

Bob Kent

When making little pieces like the cable guide, I use a section of old stainless steel radio antenna I have laying around the shop.  Seems to do the trick.  [8D]

DougDyar

Rob W
Email sent. Did you get it?
Thx.
Doug

72 Penton 175 Jackpiner
92 Suzuki DR350
72 Honda CT70
71 Honda CT70H
70 Honda CT70H
73 Penton 175 Jackpiner
74 Honda CT70

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by DougDyar

Rob W
Email sent. Did you get it?
Thx.
Doug

Hi Doug, No, I never received an email message from you.
robert_wardlow (underscore line between the t and w) at sbcglobal.net

Five different sizes, in stainless.

DKWRACER

Every time I read these posts.."maybe it's majic" or maybe it happened to me.....
Requirements:
One "Penton Spoke"
TMC is not with us, nor is Dane..............
Both individuals, yet supported by a cast..........
many more than me
Brothers of a "Penton" "Obee Wan"
Regards
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Another good day here in Illinois, +55 and windy, got my 1977 Penton GS-125 frame sand blasted, and ready to paint. Also worked on steel-tanker rear fender, polished and ready to remount. Also had to dig up water line and repair, that went well but still sucked.  Dave

Keith Meatyard

Finished re-doing the wheels for the JP today.  Spokes blasted, primed, painted.  Hubs blasted, polished.  Rims re-chromed.  These were the first wheels I have ever laced, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought.  One important note for others: The rear wheels have two different spokes, inner and outer, similar to the fronts.  The Penton parts book lists only one spoke for the rear.  The book is wrong.  I caught this before I got too far, when some of the outers didn't want to line up with the nipple holes.
Wheels before:

Wheels after:

Must have this:

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

Kip Kern

Keith

I am doing the same on my "73" Piner!  Ha Ha! Great day here in Indiana.  Also was out shooting my Taurus Public Defender 410 pistol hand cannon![}:)]

Dennis Jones

Outstanding Keith!! On wheels that the rims and hubs were good I have hand painted many spokes while still laced up. An old Penton prophet taught me that.

Kip, one of those hand cannons are on my short list of things to get. How is it to hang on to?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Keith Meatyard

Well, I discovered tonight what I won't be trying to do by myself again.  Mount the tires!  Finally got the back on only to find that you guessed it........pinched the tube with the spoons somewhere.  So, tomorrow I'll just pay the cycle shop to fix the rear and mount the front.  Too dang much trouble and sore knees and fingers.  Ain't that what money is for?  Pay someone with a machine!

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

Tom Murphy

Another one finds it's way back to Ohio...

Tom Murphy
\\\'73 250 Hare Scrambler
\\\'74 250 Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 125 six day
\\\'73 Berkshire 100
\\\'74 125 six day
\\\'74 Mint 400
\\\'74 Maico 440
\\\'72 Mudlark
\\\'81 RM125
\\\'82 RM250

checkcrew

Great score Tom, you beat me by 1 phone call ;)

good luck with your new 400 !!

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]